What was Your GPA?

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by Skeeebop, May 5, 2007.

1. Skeeebop

Skeeebop Member

Hey duuudeeesss,
    If you don't mind sharing, what was your GPA on your college applications.
    Think I might be a little on the low side :(

2. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

I got into UMass Amherst (in state student) with a 3.1
    I was a little low but I had a ton of extra curriculars and was accepted as undeclared.

3. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Yeah mine was around 3.1 or 3.2 but colleges don't always make a deciding factor on the GPA alone. In fact, some people got into my previous college, which is pretty nice academically speaking, on like a 2.8 GPA.

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I think I had a 3.4 getting out of HS, could have been a 4.0, but 9th and 10th grades bored me too much to study.

Anyhow, I got accepted by every university I applied to, but I also had 1380 on my SAT (could have been better if I practiced for it, but yet again...bah)...

Ended up going to my safety school, no money in the pockets and they offered me a full scholarship.

Point being... just get good SAT/ACT scores and that will make any GPA irrelevant (which I think is idiotic, but sadly...that's the way it works).

5. SilverClover14

SilverClover14 Senior Member

I had a 3.8ish at the end of high school, which was actually on the low end for my college. But I also had 7 year of Spanish and 2 of French which redeemed that and my somewhat low SAT/ACT. Low being a really subjective word- I thought I did great but the colleges I wanted to go to said crap on that. :p

I got in where I applied early decision though and I am in love with my school. And Abbie Hoffman went here. <3

6. Mr_Nest

Mr_Nest Member

Mine was around 2.7, but like BraveSirRubin I was accepted to every school I applied to because of my high SAT's. I suppose I was a good risk because my gpa in college is a 3.9X. I just thought high school was so boring, the teachers would just repeat, repeat, repeat and I just can not pay attention to that. Extra-curricular activities help also.

7. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

college for me was a solid 1.6 GPA :) I spent most of my time watching movies, and that's around the time when I found Ali G :)

8. spooner

spooner is done.

I came out of my BA with a 3.64

9. wave owls not flags

wave owls not flags is not interested

Score high on the ACT or SAT and your grades won't really matter.....

I had a 3.2 cumulative but because of the ACT I've so far been accepted to every school to which I've applied.

10. J.I.

J.I. WithYouInMyThoughts

4.8. but I dont know if its the same system here...Damn, it could have been 5.0

11. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I had a 3.97 and a 28 on my ACT and got into every university I applied to...

*shrugs* and I totally went to a school that pretty much accepted everyone LOL

12. KParker730

KParker730 Member

what were you guys' act scores like? i did pretty well and got a 31, but i have to re take anyways to get the writing part. i just took the sat's yesterday and hopefully did well, but my gpa is rather low, like a 3.5 or something. i have pretty good extracurricular stuff though so hopefully i will get in where i want

13. wave owls not flags

wave owls not flags is not interested

(o_O) where do you live? I'm assuming not America.

14. J.I.

J.I. WithYouInMyThoughts

No, not America...Croatia actually. And Bosnia.. 5.0 is the highest here.Dont know about the American system..

15. loveyouto

loveyouto Member

Most of America is on the 4.0 system, but I've also heard rarely of the 5.0 system existing in some districts.

I had a 4.0 in high school, 21 on ACT (which is low, but I'm slow so never had enough time on timed tests, not too mention my 4 years of science, 2 intermediate and advanced chemistry, 4 years of history is completely wasted). On the ACT science is interpreting graphs (no organic chemistry etc.) and history is non-existent. Most universities have a scale for high grades/ high test (ACT, SAT) for acceptance. As long as you have one that is high you'll be okay. In college I have a 3.7.

Extra-curricular activities are also very good for the application. Get involved in something constructive (if you haven't already done so) and it will do nothing but help on the admission.

16. Stillravenmad

Stillravenmad Member

[​IMG] 2.81. I had a rough start. But my grades are quite a bit better now.

I didn't take my SATs because my high school guidance counselor is an idiot and told me that I didn't need to take my SATs because I was going to a junior college and no transfer school was going to look at my SATs. She was obviously fucking wrong, almost every private college I've looked at requires them, as well as several public ones, and I don't have the time or the money to retake them, because I'm, like, a college student.

17. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

Yah my cousin graduated from a privated school with a 4.1 gpa, if you go to some private schools you can get above a 4.0. yah too bad I only got like a 2.7

18. WoodRat

WoodRat Banned

-3.14 2rd.

how about yours?

19. aliandthebaba

aliandthebaba Member

ehhh.
    i think i have like a 3.54 unweighted gpa.
    weighted it's like 3.7ish (honors and aps and all that good shit)
    i took hard classes and honestly didnt try.. mostly because i didnt have to.
    i could have over an 4.0 had i tried and been well.. self-assertive.
    problem is im going to an arts school next year and will graduate into a conservatory so i could care less about academics.
    just need to practice my fucking ass off.

damnit im a slacker.