What was the lowest and highest natural temperatute you experienced being outside?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Grandeur, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

The lowest natural temperature I experienced was -30°C during my stay in Eastern Turkey in January. It was a town in Eastern Turkey located at the elevation of 2030 metres ( official weather station in the town was showing -32°C while my own temperature showed -30°C at the moment) and the highest natural temperature was +40°C, which happened where I normally live the last september ( I live about 100 km away from istanbul). I experienced both temperatures being outside.

In July, I will go to southeastern turkey near Syria border to experince hotter natural temperatures.

I have interest in extreme temperatures.

As for the un-natural temps,

I got inside a cold room at the temp of -110°C. There were 2 rooms. You enter the first room which is at -56°C, then you go to the second room which is at -110°C. I could only stay for 40 seconds at -110°C, then I went back to the first room at -56°C. And after -110°C, -56°C felt like home. Lol. I think it is bad for the heart. My heart was beating so crazy at -110°C so I was afraid of having a heart attack. Otherwise I could make it to 1 minute. My aim was that.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  2. Not exactly sure. I would say somewhere around -40*F and 105*F. Iowa winters get really cold, especially when factoring in windchill.

Orison likes this.
  3. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

-40 F in watertown, NY
    +119 F in lake havasu, AZ

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

-75F somewhere in the middle of NY state... Hitchhiking.

+121F Phoenix AZ

Not on the same day, obviously.

stormountainman likes this.
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

I was asking about actual temps, not windchill?

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So was I....

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It was 44 C when I went to Las Vegas to EDC. That's 112 F.

8. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

-75°F means -59°C. What was the elevation?

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

But according to the weather channel the coldest temperature ever recorded in New York state was -58 F below zero.

You must have been thinking about your experience in an alternate universe (whether real, or drug induced)

10. WELL SOOOOO SORRYYYYYY.

11. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

-44 F in Laona, WI in the early 1970s. Went to work crusing timber at -35(windchill -60) a few years before. that was before Federal Employee unions stopped such dangerous nonsense. The hottest was 105 F in eastern MT.

stormountainman likes this.
  12. parua

parua Members

My memory of the lowest temperature that I experienced is 11 degrees fahrenheit lower than what it actually was (I just now looked it up), and that was only around 20 years ago. I would have bet money on my memory...If I were a betting man. I've been 11 degrees off - for at least 10 years - when telling younger folks the temperature that I walked back and forth to the well to get a drink of water.

hotwater likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

45C
    -33C (wind chill not taken into account)

14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

The Lady "Klorisa From Russia"...(sp?)...Used To Have Temps Down To -50 c On A Regular Basis.

Gee I Miss The Beautiful Photos She Posted Here On HF's....:disappointed:

Cheers Glen.

15. hotwater

Hottest ever was 110 F at Wichita Falls Regional Airport in Texas

16. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

118F (47.7C) in Death Valley CA

17. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

120 degrees once while I was living in Phoenix.

-30 degrees while I was driving through Iowa in the middle of winter (In a convertible!)

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not sure what the hottest was, i'm pretty sure that was in sacramento and well over 110.
    but the big problem for me, why i've never loved the central valley as a place to live,
    isn't how hot it gets, but how long it stays that hot. weeks and even months at a time.

as for cold, even though i lived right on top of donner summit in the late 60s for several years and more briefly in the mid 50s,
    where freezing temperatures are common, along with high winds, their accompaning chill and massive accumulations of snow,
    the coldest i've personally experienced was minus 18f, in southern utah in the very early 70s

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

After Reading This Thread So Far.....My Input Seems Pretty Tame....Coldest -9c.....Hottest 43c....:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

wilsjane likes this.
  20. hotwater

Dude, 109 degrees Fahrenheit is nothing to scoff at but you need some work when it comes to your low temperature,
    and I know exactly where to send you .................

The USAP Portal: Science and Support in Antarctica - South Pole Station Webcams

Enjoy yourself Glen