What Was The Latest In The Year That You've Barefooted?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by unshodone, Oct 5, 2017.

1. unshodone

unshodone Member

It's just starting to get cold in the upper parts of the Northern Hemisphere. What was the latest you've ever kept going barefoot? Have you ever set out in the snow or ice for an extended time. (More than just walking to the mailbox)

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't intentionally try to get frostbite to prove a point or anything like that, but i've been around in bare feet at all times of the year at some time or another.

3. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I can recall one winter driving to the post office to mail a letter, running inside the lobby after business hours while barefoot. Anyone who came by shortly after would have seen bare foot prints in the snow. Don't remember how late or early in the year it was, but where I once lived it snowed from October to May.

4. goodearth

goodearth Member

One time I went up on the mountain for a barefoot walk, and when I started down the trail the ground began to crunch under my bare feet. My feet began to feel like needles were sticking into them. I decided the temp must be colder than I thought and returned to the car. Sure nuf.....the car dashboard flashed "Freezing". I was relieved I had decided to check it out.

5. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

a car that can tell you the temperature. amazin.

6. sixties_freak

sixties_freak Member

October it seems. I might go barefoot one or two more times this year,maybe not.

7. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

I continue to go barefoot all year round. Granted, throughout the winter months I won't necessarily venture as far as I do during summer months, but upon mild days, where the temperature exceeds 10C, I still like to run along the beach front in my bare feet. Even when temperatures aren't as high, however, I'm still regularly found barefoot in and immediately outside the house, as I step outdoors in my bare feet to place rubbish in the bin or when walking the short distance to my local convenience store, for example.

However, from mid-October onwards, opportunities to wander around in public (here in the UK) become greatly diminished.

8. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

> What was the latest you've ever kept going barefoot?

New Year's Eve, doing fireworks outside in the street. But this is not such as big deal when you have 10°C this day ;-)

> Have you ever set out in the snow or ice for an extended time.

e.g. barefoot sledging while i was in school. But this was also not so spectacular, as the sleding hill was just behind the school's boarding house, so you could go inside before you got frostbites. Anyway, gave me some good reputation though ;-)

9. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

I'm barefoot on/off year round, from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st, just as long as I'm not held back by extreme weather, dangerous conditions, or formal situations that require one to dress well. Always barefoot while I'm at my house.

About a week and a half ago, we received our first snow for the season. That night, I walked over to the childrens' playground near my place to do some barefoot pull-ups, the jungle gym there is excellent for the purpose. I always take my shoes off, because they add weight. Before and after the pull-ups, I walked around on the playground's snowy surface in my bare feet for a total of about 10-15 minutes. I did regret making it that long a little bit, because the snow in question was the fine, dry, powdery stuff that melts really fast and turns into really cold water on skin contact. I could literally feel my feet going numb, and so I ended up putting the shoes back on and running back to my house, where I had the usual bucket of warm water waiting to dip my feet into. But in the end, no damage occurred, so it's all good, and ol' M_Ranko racked up some more badass points again. I hope the people going there later weren't too freaked to see all those bare footprints that somehow appeared on the snow over the course of the night.

10. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Although outdoor temperatures between the start of November and mid-April in the UK greatly reduce my opportunity to regularly venture barefoot outdoors, on the occasions that milder weather is enjoyed, I do occasionally manage to enjoy a run along the beach in my bare feet. Granted, such occasions can probably be counted on one hand, but still consider my bare foot lifestyle to exist all-year-round, by virtue of the fact I'm commonly found bare foot indoors when it's cold and dark outside.

unshodone likes this.
  11. One Man Band

One Man Band Member

It hit 70 degrees in February. Go whenever you can.

12. psychologykate

psychologykate Members

I went barefoot last week (november). I was walking home in the evening and it was raining really heavy. I'd had a bad day at work and felt really stressed out. I needed to feel the ground so I stopped and took my shoes off. Got some funny looks but I really didn't care. My feet were cold and wet but I felt much more relaxed.

SoftSoles likes this.
  13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i forgot something in my car a few minutes ago, so i just went out and grabbed it. not that this is my record by any means, but it seems to fit in with the other "one time i went at this time" stories.

14. nr3c

nr3c Member

Help me go barefoot

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

dude, nobody is going to steal your shoes for you.

16. nr3c

nr3c Member

That isn't what I'm talking about

17. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I think you are just looking for attention. Just stop this. Enough!

txbarefooter likes this.