What Type Of Weed Is Popular In Jamaica?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Motion, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

Jamaica has long been known for marijuana smokers. So I was curious to know which strains are popular on the Island?

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

There's gotta be at least one called cool runnings. I'd be disappointed if there wasn't.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

Island weed there isnt so great. It not horrible tho. But mostly folks here would call the weed there MIDS, and Sativa strains. Buds usually lanky, leafy, immature and sometime seedy/ Sunny all the time, and flowering season for cannabis is weird. This is why you see them smoking spliff the size of a spray can. If you were on vacation there. The locals would sell you handful of weed for 20$ .. Probably find some indoor there but it would be pricey and only special clients and friends.
    Here is a dime bag of Jamaican.
    [​IMG]
    This is 60$
    [​IMG]
    This was found in Negril for 10$
    [​IMG]

4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Ganja in the islands is scarce... not much reliable water, and being so close to the equator the days and nights are almost the same length year round, and babies go into flower too early for any large plants to thrive. I've seen fields of short stubby plants covered with bud, but it was all harvested and made into bubble hash by the famed Bubbleman from Vancouver, BC.

Orison likes this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

I forgot the hash. Island weed does make for some good bubble hash tho..

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

In 70s/80s roots reggae they're always mentioning 'collie' which as i understand stands for columbian weed.

It should be the ice hash!

Orison likes this.
  7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Lamb's Bread/Breath depending on who you ask is the strain of choice for Bob Marley. Same strain. Mostly they are into home grown organic. It comes from Jamaica because that is a good place for growing and most important no chemicals in the grow. Just the plant the Earth gives you.

8. PayneEdward

PayneEdward Members

Hi, as far as I know, Jamaica Sativa is the most popular marijuana strain in Jamaica. In general, this type of weed does not stand out for anything special and is common everywhere. For example, I regularly order it from the online store https://online-weed.net/. This strain is not bad, but it is not the best. For everyday smoking, is great and fully satisfies all my needs. Perhaps there are more expensive and well-known varieties in Jamaica, but I do not know about them. If you have such information I will be glad to read about it!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021