What type of cell phone do you use?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by WilliG, Aug 15, 2018.

1. WilliG

WilliG Member

There are so many brands and varieties of cell phones out there. Many of them have their pros and cons. Maybe you have been loyal to one brand, or have tried many in your lifetime.

What type of cell phone do you have currently?

For me, I have an iPhone 7 Plus. This is my first iOS device and I’m actually quite fond of it. I stuck with Galaxy phones for years but wanted something different.

iOS is surprisingly seamless and smooth for me, my only complaint is the extra hoops you have to jump through to download songs and apply custom ringtones.

What about y’all?

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  2. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Member

I have a Cat B25...........it doesn't do very much...though it's solid as a rock!!!!!!!!

3. Ged

Ged Sensus Communis HipForums Supporter

Sony Experia

The space-voices follow me around and ask me to review bars and restaurants I've been to.

So it's a case of "disappear into the foreground."

Also I think it's pretty amazing that I can take a photo and upload it to Hip Forums in three simple clicks.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff This Space For Rent Lifetime Supporter

in before spammers

motoG

5. bft4evr

bft4evr Member

I use burner phones. Something you need to do when you're wanted...

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment

My phone has wires...

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Samsung S8

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I Have A Wired Phone....And....A Estimated 12 Year Old Flip Phone Which I Use Twice A Year..... :D

Cheers Glen.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They tried to get me to upgrade one year into my plane to the s9. 600€ payout early. Yeah no thanks.

10. etaf

etaf Member

iphone se
    couple of older samsungs - but ios seems to work and moved to apple now
    laptop and tv box so far
    next ipad and then done
    wife also has an iphone se and collaboration is so easy now

11. candys

candys Member

I also use iPhone 7+, I bought it a few months ago and have no complaints at all. I use it 24/7 for work mostly and it covers all my needs. Besides I subscribed with Pond Mobile operator recently. It offers best cell phone plans for small businesses so now I can stay in touch with family, clients and business partners anywhere in the world for a fixed price. That's all I need.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  12. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Draco Dipedibus Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator HipForums Supporter

Samsung S7 Gold 32Gb

morrow likes this.
  13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

One Of The Finer Arts Of "Spam", Is To Be As Subtle As Possible...... :D

Cheers Glen.

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice I Am Only An Egg Lifetime Supporter HipForums Supporter

Samsung flip phone...$19.99 at Dollar General.

Running Horse, McFuddy and GLENGLEN like this.
  15. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed and Confused Staff Member Super Moderator

Samsung Galaxy S4. Cost me one American dollar.
    I use it to play chess.

I never buy Apple products as I was turned off by them when they came out with the overpriced, under performing Apple II and Apple II GS.

bigredinmass likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

it was the battery life that turns me of apple since the iphone6 i think i had. it was beyond poor for my liking. the s8 is much better in battery life it took me a while to get used to a samsung but when i found a good prediction keyboard app i really got into it. still dont ever use it to its capabilities though.

17. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

You're joking, right?

18. YouCanTrustMe

YouCanTrustMe World’s Greatest Spy

No question - Apple! And not because of any brand loyalty. NO ONE HAS AS MUCH SECURITY AS APPLE!

19. neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast Senior Member

The government gave me a free phone and pays for my cellphone service. I can't remember what the free gov't phone thing is called. But the phone itself is a ZTE, which I think went out of business. I threw it against the wall and the screen is all cracked.

20. Ged

Ged Sensus Communis HipForums Supporter

Try Jungle Phone