What the fuck is wrong with me???

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Spuff, May 27, 2004.

1. Spuff

Spuff Where's my ciggies?

Right, I'd just got the bus home after spending an evening with my girlfriend. I got off the bus and some drunken towny twat asked me for a light. Sure enough, I gave him the light but then he turned to me and said it again, when he had the lighter in his hand. I just thought he was being funny and tld him. Then he asked me for a fag. I told him I had none coz I ran out (which was true) and he kept asking me over and over. Then he started squaring up to me and the fucker punched me in the stomach (it didn't hurt, although it was meant to). So I walked off. He ran up to me and kept asking me the same fucking question and again, punched me in the stomach. In the end, I just told him to fuck off and leave me alone and sure enough, he did. But for some wierd reason, I cannot hit people back. I figure it's much more trouble than it's worth because I don't wanna be hauled off to a police station for street fighting when I wanna talk to you guys instead about more interesting things! But dammit, why can't I fight back?? Maybe if he'd actually hurt me ...

2. Ananael

Ananael Member

Maybe it's because you know if you hit them back, they will hit you more, and thats never a nice thought. Or maybe your just too scared to do anything. Or it could be that you dont have anough confidence to retaliate, that you dont know if your actually gonna hurt the guy in anyway. But lets just put it down to the fact that maybe you know that violence is not a good thing, that i guess to sound pompous about it all, your above that sort of mentality.

3. Digital Underpants

Digital Underpants Member

Yeah you were the victor in this situation.
    I mean he obviously was wack.
    And if you had punched him and hurt him it might make you feel worse. I believe you did the grown up thing and walked away.

4. Spuff

Well, I don't wanna sound big headed but I definately wasn't scared. Afterwards, I actually laughed because he meant to hurt me but couldn't. I guess the only thing he hurt was my ego but at least I'm grown up enough to just walk away instead of getting into a fight and getting thrown into a cell. Some guy (I think it was his mate or summat) in a car pulled up and asked if I was ok and asked why I didn't hit him back. I just told him that I have better things to do ... which was true because I just wanted a brew, to go on Hip Forums and watch South Park! (I just watched the 'Special Olympics' episode ... highly amusing!:D )

5. Spuff

That is one of the reason, yes! It ain't worth it so why bother?

6. Moonlightstars

Moonlightstars Member

I'm the same....and i dare say there are other people like it too....i cannot hit people back. when i used to play rugby and someone would punch me.. i would just walk away like you did yourself... but the next time he would have the ball.... i would make sure i brought him down good and hard, just to make me feel that bit better.

i think i dont really react to a threat like that because deep down you know its really not worth it. if you just walk away it would causes alot less hassle and no harm is really done. But on the other hand when they wont walk away.. the only thing you can do is either stand your ground... or run like the wind :p

let me tell you a story about one of my experiances.....

I went out around my town center for a night out with my friends.... my friends had already got a taxi home.. and i was just coming out of a club... and this girl was infront of me, she fell over onto the road.... so i went and picked her up and asked if she was ok. she said yes but also addmitted to being very drunk, so i offered to walk her to a taxi which was about a 5minute walk.... but on the way to that taxi... three lads.. walked passed us... and one of them ran up from behind and hit me..... i turned around and said... " look i dont want any trouble i'm just trying to get this girl to a taxi" they squared upto me and pushed me.. so i just turned around and carried on walking. they then came after me.. i told the girl to carry on walking, one of the guy punched me and i fell to the floor, they continued to kick me in the stomach and ribs, but lucky enough.. an bouncer from across the road came running over and sorted them out for me :p i only suffered a couple of brusied ribs and a bad arm.... and for what...... doing a good deed and walking a drunk girl to a taxi so she got home safe.

People make me wonder sometimes.. how they do things they do and can not feel a thing or even a little bit of regret...

for example....i was reading the news paper the other day.. and i read about how a 17year old boy used a 9 month old babies head to slam a door shut.... and then throwing it against the chimmy brest..... and the sickening part is... he told the court he enjoyed every single minute of it rite untill the baby died. He got 7 years prison in bristol for manslauter... he didnt even get convicted of murder!
    Now how could someone kill/murder something so innoccent and bueatiful and actually enjoy it ?!

There was another story on how a family man slaughtered his entire family by slitting their throats.... all because his wife lied to him about saying she had quit smoking, but she hadnt

people like this disgust/disturb me beyond believe... how can people be like this?..... I'd like to here other peoples views aswell :)

I could go onto the whole... "Rapist disgust me" thing too.. but i'll save that for another day i think.

Am sorry about the rant people..... and sorry to spuff for taking over your thread a little bit.....or maybe alot :p but i really needed to get that off my chest.... sorry.

7. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Man that is so horrible kid, that someone would do something like that.

You know I am glad you didn't hit him back, he obviously was not in his right mind if he even has a right mind.

I've never really been hit, but I would imagine that I wouldn't hit the person back, as I feel the violent way is rather childish and sad really, pathetic, as if people don't know what else to do and so they decide to try and physically hurt someone. It is very low, there are many other reasons like the things others have said, but I think the main thing is just that it is not an acceptable thing to do, it is very degrading to yourself to hit someone really it shows a weakness.

But I'm glad this guy didn't hurt you. You're a good guy. Some people are just stupid, that's all.

8. butterfly

butterfly Member

Walking away is always the best option, unless you're fighting someone over a girl....that can be fun to watch....

9. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hey Moonlightstars,

I totally agree with you, I'm just the same way, I don't even fight back, and I don't understand how people can attack somebody, it's really weird...
    I never understood it, neither do I think I will ever understand it.

I think I could fight for somebody I love, though. However I'd try to work it out in a different way...

I don't understand the whole violence thingie, not at all.
    Alas, I don't think it's gona change any time soon, but we HAVE TO be the change we want to see.

Love, Borut

10. dee

dee Member

It's because you can control yourself. It seems some people are not able to control the parts of their body. Everyone's different afterall. You did the right thing for sure but he definetely deserved a punch back to show him who's the boss.

Roughly the same thing happened to me when I was 17. I was in town on a friday night walking past mcdonalds when a townie walked up to us and asked us for 50p and I said something cocky and he punched me on the nose. I was just about to knock him out when I remembered I had the kent champs mountain bike race the next day. So I pushed him over and we walked off he was totally pissed and had no chance. It fcuked the night up cuz my nose wouldn't stop bleeding. I came 3rd in the race I was chuffed.

Townies, what a waste of life and pavement space.

11. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

its easy to learn to hit people its just a matter of the right training and motivation
    you can start by getting someone to wear some form of padding maybe a head guard dont think that your hitting a person think your hitting the pad and gradually move to hitting people without any padding
    start with blows to the torso (or even a pad held in the hands)
    aim at a point say on the chest
    dont look at first at the persons eyes
    you could draw a target on the person and try to hit that target
    its all just a matter of practice
    if you go to a boxing club or do martial arts they will teach you to hit people

12. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

Shitting Jesus ... not good, man. :(

13. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

well I had a friend killed when I was in school by some bullys they got away with it and were never convicted or even brought to court

and Ive had people try to kill me for no reason just for fun I would be dead if I was non violent

if someone hits me Im going to cause them a lot of pain hopefully this will teach them empathy for the people they may have attacked before
    if it doesnt well thats up to them
    Ive never started a fight in my life but do not believe in being a punch bag

what has this person learned from this experience that he can hit people and get away with it

even if the punch didnt hurt that much why should you have to put up with this sort of abuse Im not getting at the first poster for not hitting back
    but I dont think its the best way of dealing with things

14. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

There's nothing wrong with you. As other people have said, it means you can control yourself. Your conscious mind is overcoming your instinctive reaction.

If you had punched him back he probably would have responded and you would have ended up being even worse off. I would do and have done exactly the same thing in that situation - turned the other cheek. Fight violence with thought.

Violence begets violence. The real challenge, the really hard decision to make and the most courageous thing to do is to step outside of the cycle of violence instead of perpetuating it. For whatever reason, that's what you did. Congratulations - the world ended up more peaceful because of it. Well done.

Unfortunately, not many people understand that. :(

15. Happy_Go_Crazy

Happy_Go_Crazy Member

That's pretty insane! what a weirdo!

16. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

I understand the concept I just dont think it works

I think that non violence can cause more violence

lots of people like hitting people that dont hit back if all the jews that were being rounded up for the gas chamber took out a nazi with a axe most of the jews would have survived there were lots more jews than nazis

if we had sent bomber harris to munich I dont think hitler would have been so keen to invade poland later

17. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

Im sick of people blaming the parents as if the person doing the bad deed is some kind of puppet

lots of people have ropey parents they dont all become psychos

blame the person doing the bad deed

18. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Ah, there's so much I could say on this topic on both sides of the debate! The fencepost is so far up my ass on this one that I think I'll just have to sit this argument out. Instead, let me just offer a couple of teensy bits of advice!
    Fortunately, you don't even need practice. Now unless you know what you're doing and why you're doing it, the Dok would always advise running like fuck as your best course of action. However, when you've been backed into a corner one way or another...... always punch six inches through your target. A common misconception is that you should aim to hit the person. This is incorrect. In your mind's eye, your actual target should be six inches behind your prey. This allows the blow to build momentum. If you aim for the person, your blow will be running out of steam as it contacts them.

Aim for the nose. If people aren't used to being hit, they'll be very alarmed at the amount of pain and blood that even a half-assed blow to the nose can produce. It can be quite spectacular!

Be careful with blows to the head. It's frighteningly easy to kill someone. Blows to areas such as the shoulders can be devastatingly effective, but you really need to know what you're doing if you're gonna get into that shit.....

Your tool is your friend. Look around for bottles or sturdy bits of wood. Obviously weapons should be an absolute and utter last resort, but if you feel under serious threat then remember..... peace through superior firepower! Armed with a good bit of wood, blows to the arms will be most effective. You're not likely to manage to land a blow to the head, and it's way too dangerous to go doing that unless your life is under threat anyway.

Pace yourself. It's amazing how quickly you'll run out of energy if you go in there like the tazmanian devil. A couple of good blows don't mean shit if you've used up all your steam.

If faced with a group, go for the ring leader. I've got out of a good couple of scrapes by humiliating the big guy that thought he was tough. His mates will be too busy taking the piss out of him to worry about trying to get their own heads kicked in.

Remember that most of these bullies are real bed-wetters at heart. They bully people because they're scared. Turning the tables is easy. You just play to their natural fear. Convince them that you ain't some pussy who's about to be pushed around, and you'll have 'em on the wrong foot.

Be aggressive. Be scary. Frighten the fucker. They need to believe you don't give a fuck what you're about to do to them. Convince them that you're serious, and all but the most hardened fucker will be looking for a way out of the situation. Be loud and be nasty. Remember, you're a tiger! Grrrrrrr!!! ;)

Don't get involved in a fight unless you really fucking need to. Peace, hugs 'n' biscuits is usually the best way! When you feel that violence is closing in whether you like it or not, then run like fuck if that's an option. If it's not, then give some out if you feel capable. If you don't think you can carry it off, then just take the kicking. Fighting back may just provoke the bastard some more.

I know I've said that this is all last resort, but I'm gonna emphasise this point anyway..... never, ever, ever even think about provoking someone who might be properly tooled up. It takes a split second to get knifed.

Good luck, kids! Be safe out there!

19. magicmonkey

magicmonkey Member

9 times out of 10 if someones after a fight they're pissed up and showing off to impress some townie scum or other, in this situation you're usually outside a club or pub and it's more than likely you've had a few yourself, either act like you're paralitic as there's no kudos in beating up someone who can barely stand in the first place or be overly friendly to them and start chatting absolute crap to them (alright mate, how you doing? good night? where you off to next? etc.) they'll look like an arsehole for beating up the friendly guy and both of these options gives them an easy way out because as Doc rightly points out, they're after a way out of it as much as you are...