What should i tell the doctor?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Ganjabeliever, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Ganjabeliever

Ganjabeliever Advanced Knowledge

I'm sick. I have a sore throat, body aches, cold-sweats, and a small cough.
    I don't think i'm sick enough to get perscribed hydrocodone but i want it.
    What should i tell the doc to make him think i need hydrocodone cough syrup?

2. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

Isn't that stuff for physical-injury level pain? I wouldn't know though, just shooting the shit on this one. Those almost seem like withdrawal symptoms so you'd more than likely have to play it off as something else. But again, I wouldn't know.

3. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

youre not gonna get an opiate for your cough if its a 'small cough'. a doc will only give you opiates for that if its persistent and dry, and then youll get codeine phosphate or some shit, if youre lucky. hydrocodone cough syrup . . . good luck

4. Ganjabeliever

Yeah. i wanted codeine/hydrocodone. It's not persistent. I just got sick and went to the doc today. Should i tell the doc its persistent and dry?

Swoosh, fyi, Hydrocodone is pprescribed for both pain and cough.

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

thing is though he is gonna listen to you cough and if its not dry . . .

6. Ganjabeliever

ah. so only if its mucus-ee and i tell him its been persistent?

7. digdoug

digdoug Member

Tell him its a painful cough and you end up coughing all night not allowing you to get a decent nights sleep.

8. Ganjabeliever

Yeah that along with diahreah normaly get me what i need but the doc str8 up gave me ATuss DS. fuckers...

9. INFAMOUSmisfortune

INFAMOUSmisfortune Member

Dude, just toughen up. And they do sound like withdrawll symptoms. Even though, it doesnt even sound THAT bad for a doctor to prescribe you an opiate like that. As someone said..

10. Ganjabeliever

It does. But its not withdrawl. I'm in college and NEVER get my hands on opioids. however i did take 5 tabs last night and felt GREAT. but i gave up on the doc. Sometimes they are feeling generous and write out a bottle of liquid codone but i guess he slept on the couch that night....

11. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Doctors these days rarely prescribe narcotic-laced cough medications. They have too many other drugs at their disposal, but good luck anyway.

12. digdoug

digdoug Member

My doc always gives me codeine if I have a bad cough and its keeping me up at night. Every time.

13. Ganjabeliever

Yeah. Lots of kids in my school were doing it every month, rarely with an actual cough. What time this kid got so used to selling me his bottle of hydrocodone syrup for $20 that he went to his doctor 3 times in a month and the doctor asked him what happened to the other bottles. Ha, needless to say he didn't get the bottle and the doctor called his mom.
    But most doctors hand that shit out pretty easily. I just have the worst doc in town...

14. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

I have the BEST advice. Wait until you are ill enough to need it

Then go to the doctors.

Ta da

15. Ganjabeliever

^great advice. I think i skipped a step.

16. stuckinahole

stuckinahole Member

back when i was an undergrad, i would go to the quikcare and the docs would always write me a tussionex script (which is the hyrdocodone cough syrup, like 5mg a dose). this happened before i even knew what i was getting, then after like two years they just quit doing it. but, good luck man. like everyone says, when you're ill enough they will give it you.

17. digdoug

digdoug Member

did you fake a cough? haha

18. stuckinahole

stuckinahole Member

no, i actually had one. but i suppose i hammed it up. i also would say that it was keeping me up at night, making me feel worse during the day, and interfering with school/work.

19. digdoug

digdoug Member

If it was me I wouldn't mention school and work, docs don't wanna give you something that will slow you down and interfere with stuff like that. Ooops I thought you were the guy/gal who created the thread. Yea it sounds like your doctor just changed their stance on writing narcotic cough syrup. I've never had my hands on hydro-syrup. Sure would like to though, haha.

20. Morphoxycode1

Morphoxycode1 Member

Yeah, Tussionex is your goal, but it's not as commonly prescribed as the purple drank (promethazine/codeine syrup) It's decent and works well but only provides a small codeine buzz before the promethazine tranquilizes you for days! He asks me if my cough is keeping me up at night and I say yes....that's an automatic script for the purple stuff. He's not the most generous dr with the narcs, either. Or if they try that, just say you've tried it and the codeine have you horrible cramping and nausea....is there anything else? Hoping they suggest Tuss. Hope ya feel "good" soon!