What Scientific Subject...

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by vinceneilsgirl, Jan 18, 2005.

1. vinceneilsgirl

vinceneilsgirl Member

Interests you the most?

Mine is biology.

2. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

physics...I remember when i was in school we did this unit on electricity and made us do experiments with cables and batteries and i had fun! I learned how to fix sockets and plugs, which has been quite useful.

3. carsick

carsick Member

Physics Defo

4. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Well, my work is in a sub-branch of physics, namely electronics. More on an engineering level than pure science. The lab I work for is involved in physical oceanography, marine environmental sciences, and hydrodynamics, so I have picked up a basic grasp of the concepts involved in those fields by helping design instrumentation for field use.

As far as non work-related interests, chemistry and pharmacology, and ethnobotany are very interesting subjects to me. :) My interest in technology also extends to my hobbies, which include ham radio, restoring vintage electronics, and collecting vacuum tubes.

I am also strongly interested in the history of engineering. In particular the US space program and the Manhattan Project.

5. fat_tony

fat_tony Member

Physics (optics), its what i do. I also enjoy quantum physics and hope to move into that field eventually. I also do some chemistry but more as a means to an end.

I also like microelectronics and philosophy of science.

6. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

Theoretical physics / astronomy.

7. Cornball1

Cornball1 Member

Mine is Biology. I really like the genetics and biochemistry as well as the community ecology.

8. Azura_Mist

Azura_Mist Member

I like biology, especially related to the human body. I also like mild astronomy, the kind you learn in elementary and junior high school. When you start getting into quasars and nebulae and all that complicated stuff... *shrugs and shakes head* You could say I like to keep my body here on Earth and know what I'm doing with it, but I wish I was in space, lol!

9. liberatedzoo

liberatedzoo Member

evolution

10. Barefoot_Surfer

Barefoot_Surfer Member

Mine is Meteorology :) which is my main interest.

I am also into Geology, a bit of medicine and nutrition.

11. Abulafia

Abulafia Member

I'd have to throw in with Kilgore Trout (in all of his Vonnegutaliciousness) on Theoretical Physics / Astronomy... Particular some of the stuff they're doing with Superstring and 'resonance' models of the Atom (taking the 'particle' out of 'wave-particle' models of atomic structure).

12. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Theoretical physics, genetics, chemistry.. I like all sorts of stuff. :D

13. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

i love biology. it justs makes sense to me. chemistry is a whole other story

14. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

I'm a biologist, so I guess I'll go with that. Physics, chemistry, and astronomy are all very interesting too.

15. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

16. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I'm really interested in Chemistry... organic chem, nuclear chem, bio-chem, neuro chem... its all really facinating.

I also really like cosmology, physics, quantum physics (even though I dunno what the hell I'm talking about. [​IMG])

I dig genetics, biology, and ecology too.

As soon as I can hoar my way into college, I'm going for chemistry though. [​IMG]

17. empathy

empathy Member

evolution. because it's interesting, but also it's funny how they have to teach it incredibly carefully as not to affend anybody who takes the bible literally.

18. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

does computer science count?

19. Kon-El

Kon-El Member

Biology and Psychology.

Hey you think anybody can walk in gravity 10x heavier than earth's?

20. all aspects of engineering from thermodynamics to hydrodynamics to arcitecture