What roach/glue for a homemade joint?

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by Poker, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Poker

Poker Member

Hey all, im' using receipts for the paper and I dont know what to do for a roach and how to glue it. someone suggested honey, but does that keep it burning?

plus can someone explain the roach? do i inhale through this?
    how big am i sposed to make its hole and out of what???

2. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i wouldnt use reciepts. but dont use a glue. if ya gotta go with the recipts, just thear the paper where you want the glue to be. roll the joint. then lightly lick the tear part of the paper. sticks better than glue.

3. Poker

Poker Member

how do i keep it burning so it doesn't have to be relite? this is what i heard honey does....

4. teh-horace

teh-horace for your pleasure

hmmm
    how bout buying somet rolling paper...

5. mellow

mellow Eased

Are you joking? You will hack a damn lung out if you do any of that!

Since your quite obviously new to smoking allow me to get you on the right track.

1. Read everything here: http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml

Heres another good article:
    http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_info18.shtml

6. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

It's prolly not the best idea, but I used to use post-it-notes when I first started smoking. I would roll it around some weed and tape it together. I used to smoke tape dude, that's shitty.

7. teh-horace

but i'm assuming you've come a long way
    hence why you're the top notch stoner ;)

8. TopNotchStoner

Of course. That was 6 or 7 years ago.

9. Monsieur

Monsieur Member

i used reciepts ALOT back in the day, tore the shit out of my lungs i imagine
    hah i'd even roll the thing in the bathroom where i knew no one would come in and i could have enough light to roll a decent j (or what i thought was decent back in then) ah those were the days...
    anyways, like someone said lightly lick the bit at the end and it sticks nicely,
    oh and i never had any trouble keeping a decent cherry with reciept paper, i'd still suggest getting real papers asap though

10. Poker

Poker Member

now im about to make a roach. how do i do this? i heard index paper is good, but i dont know what the roach is in the first place..

11. teh-horace

you don't really have to make a roach man
    the roach normally makes itself
    just roll up your receipt joint and twist it at one end
    burn off the excess paper on the end so you don't get a big paper hit
    as long as you don't lick your lips and wet the end you're smoking from
    your "roach"'ll be fine

12. TopNotchStoner

I think what poker means my "roach" is a filter. Some people roll up a piece of paper and include it in the joint at the end so you can smoke all of the weed without having to waste some of it when discarding the roach. If this is what you're talking about, then some people would suggest using a small piece of cardboard or just rolling up a small piece of paper and roll it into the joint. If this isn't what you're talking about, then disregard this post.

13. underplay

underplay Member

teh-horace you must be stoned in your sig pic.

14. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

Just buy rolling papers or even pre rolled cones, dude. Papers and pre-rolled cones are pretty cheap. Get both for now. Because you can't roll a joint yet, you can pack in in a pre-rolled cone and smoke it, and you can use the papers to try and learn how to roll a joint, but you don't have to smoke it, you can just rip it apart and pack it in a bowl or into another pre-rolled cone.

15. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

use bible paper instead of recipt, if the recipt is that really processed fax-machine sorta stuff.

as a roach, get some card, like a train ticket or something, and tear a rectangle about 1.5cm wide and 3 centimetres long. roll this rectangle up and youll have a little filter like thing, which you can use as a roach

16. teh-horace

heheh

17. Radiohead

Radiohead Member

its alot easier to roll a jay with out the filter, the roach is when you smoke it down to the end where you still have a little weed left rolled inside and its the most potent part of the jay.

18. teh-horace

i'd say, dont worry about a "roach" and smoke it down to what you think you can't smoke anymore, then just save the roach. if you do this with all your joints, then you'll have a huge roach stash. then when you buy a bowl and go, "damn, now all i need is some...ROACH STASH!"
    and that's the greatest feeling ever...so long as you remember where you put them all

19. TopNotchStoner

^^^True. After you smoke 5 or 6 roaches you will have enough roaches to roll a 2nd gen joint. Plus, if you save the roaches to roll a 2nd gen joint, all of the weed will be coated in resin and will get you super-baked.

20. teh-horace

yeah, that's true
    too bad i like smoking roaches too much
    lol, i'm always up for a challenge =P