what religion is MI5/6 CIA NSA - other International government spy agencies ?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by odonII, Sep 8, 2013.

1. deviate

deviate Senior Member

If I wasn't having such a good time watching the Cowboys and the Giants both make jokes of themselves, this thread would be 100% unbearable.

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Would never happen for long...

People would make up/come up with something before long at all.

People, as a whole, are very uncomfortable with death and need something to make them feel better about it. (not everyone, obviously. but... with all the humans that exist, it wouldn't take long.)

But without it..hmm... I'm actually REALLY thinking about that. And not just the on the surface answers "no wars" or "LESS wars"... "less hate"...all that stuff that certain people will say and in some cases, would def. be true.
    There may also be a downside of it...some people are perfectly moral people and can "behave" without religion or spirituality...Some people do the right thing (when no one is watching) simply because it is the right thing to do (the older I get the more and more I get like that... not to say I was always the opposite of that before, but I'm getting better at it with time...)- but in any case, that is some people. People vary in what their conscious will allow them to do ("good" or "bad" things and all things in between- all shades of gray)... but for SOME people, all that might be holding them back from doing the "bad" things that they want to do (really bad things..), could be their fear of going to hell if they would kill somebody or rape somebody or what not...
    and if those people had no fear of anything possibly happening to them (and yes, these are pathetic people who would only be capable of doing the right thing because of religious beliefs and fear), then they might have no reason to stop themselves from doing wrong things...
    So, I think in some cases, there would be much LESS killings, wars, disagreements and all kinds of negative, terrible things.
    And I think with some people (the ones I mentioned above), there would be more of it.
    It's (the whole scenario) is hard to imagine though really n anything anyone says is just speculation...

3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

That being said says nothing of intelligence agencies and mostly speaks to representatives who have no real influence on the world stage whereas they do create colloquial disturbances. Again the question was asked about intelligence agencies. Officially there is no religion but for purposes of true experiential conjugation, that is what it looks like on the ground, they serve the proprietary order.

In addition officials are beginning to question the tax exempt status of some religious organizations because of their political input.

You have some superstitious beliefs of your own regarding fucking fairy tales and bullshit and what lies beyond those superstitions would seem like nothing but common sense to you.

4. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p5jnqEyUs4"]Family Guy: If Christianity Never Existed - YouTube

5. thedope

Odonll that wasn't my statement at all and I think the key is your impressionistic perception.

I think this is a good post but I would point out that the agency was formed for the sake of clear and urgent mission and not specifically for religious causes even though the jewish state is the government of a religious people.

6. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

why? being non-political (in that sense) is probably just as vital in the security services as it is in any other ministry, if not more so.

7. odonII

odonII O

I know. It was PR's - he was being 'the dope' / you = vague.

8. odonII

odonII O

AmericanTerrorist

I didn't mean it suddenly vanished. I meant It never happened anywhere ever.
    I picked up some buzz words: 'Behavioral modernity' 'complex symbolic thought/abstraction'.
    It looks as if we started to put dead bodies in the ground, and it all kinda kicked of from there (I'm obviously skipping over approx 3 million years of evolution, but you get the general idea :p )
    You have to wonder what came first 'morality' or religion', why would 'religion' make us feel easier about death, and why would it necessarily make us 'do the right thing'? There isn't one religion there are dozens, so I don't think humans necessarily need religion if all the religions are not the same - each is basically conditioning humans to behave in a certain way. I suppose we as humans evolve and mature into what we are today - but we've kinda had to change religion rather than the other way around, haven't we?
    I see religion a little like sport - would it be the end of the world if there never was any sport ever?

If I was God I would make it so all humans believed the same thing, and only practiced it on a Tuesday afternoon - possibly Thursday mornings, too.

9. thedope

So where are we now with respect to your belief that intelligence agencies have religion?

As to the vagueness of my statements, I am careful to be precise. You are not so careful and when you hear something in conversation that triggers an association in your mind you begin to have a conversation with those associations instead of trying to comprehend what is being said, come to your conclusions and call me vague.

Particularly in the this instance of my conversation with you and in relation to the issue of religion in intelligence agencies, you confuse form with content. As I flesh out what I said remedially for you, you understand what I said and upon reflection you could see the the way I said it the first was adequate and perhaps less long winded. As to the intelligence agencies, yes the jewish state is the state of a religious people, that is the form, the content or motivation of the intelligence agency is the urgent need to address specific perceived threats to the jewish people or state, not at all a specifically religious motivation.

Any more examples?

10. thedope

What would you do if you were good?

11. odonII

odonII O

Mixed. I take your point with regards to Mossad - but they still co-operate with non Jewish countries.
    So, wouldn't they become 'neutral' - with say, the UK (after 7/7)?
    Although, some say Mossad payed 4 Muslims to carry out those deeds, and then killed them (don't ask me how that worked).
    So, religion might play a part in some intelligence services thinking.
    But i'm not so sure with regards to say the UK or other European countries: France, Germany or Italy.

I hadn't realised how religious Australia was till the recent elections - so I'd put them with the US as in it being a possible conflict of interest - but being in the middle of the spectrum.

My grammar isn't perfect, but yours seems awful. It's not quite Yoda, but a little Yodaish. Also, you drop in things like: 'However in the sense of their devotion to causes, it's money and that is the relevant answer to your query.'
    Well, no, it isn't relevant.
    So, yes, I kinda do know what you are saying, but hate having to remove the irrelevant parts, and wade through the long windedness.

E.g's of what?

12. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

I am sure that my statements were perfectly clear, and that you understand them
    perfectly clearly as well - you are not an idiot.

the question of who was/is the 'real' JC is in any case trivial, if you know the answer,
    why bother to ask it?

on-topic, I agree with the poster who said these agencies are institutions without explicit
    religious allegiances written into their constitutions, though they may have unofficial religious cultures or subcultures within them.

13. thedope

I don't understand the point you are making here.
    Still not getting the connection.

The last statistic I had seen was that australia is the least religiously inclined of all western nations.

My grammar I guess is unusual. There are persons that understand me quite well and we are able to commune highly, some of them on this forum. So once again if you are looking for religious devotion that commands the decisions of intelligence agencies you find it in mission statements. Spot on to the point.

Religion affecting the decisions of intelligence agencies.

14. odonII

odonII O

Joshua Tree

JC was a real person - who may have been suffering from mental health issues.
    The one documented in the bible wasn't the real person who may have had mental health issue?
    (I was confused because you may know more about the Bible than me - is the person in the bible not the person we refer to as JC? )
    So the 'first' may have been before or after the person who may have been real (but wasn't the son of God - a false prophet?)

I was actually confused...

15. odonII

odonII O

thedope

Wouldn't an overtly religious intelligence agency have to reign it in/not let it influence their operations/relationships if they were working with a potentially non religious intelligence agency (MI5/6)?
    Although, Mossad apparently carried out 7/7 (I'm just throwing that out there)

Tony Abbott wins Australian election: A deeply religious person with conservative views leading the liberal party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMqZneFxXB8"]Election 2013 | Pastor Clash - YouTube

I don't know, I can't say I've heard Australians be as demostrative as Americans

I'd say it's a bit strange down under.

Not at the moment - I'm trying not to go for the usual suspects (like I did with Mossad).