what religion is MI5/6 CIA NSA - other International government spy agencies ?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by odonII, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Given all those different agencies and their record for not working well together, if we ever throw religion into the mix, they would be at a stand still.

2. odonII

odonII O

Well, the majority of the issues relating to the worlds issues are religious based.
    So, there might be prejudices abound if security services identify themselves as 'Christian' 'Jewish' 'Muslim' etc. The UK, for e.g, identifies itself as a 'Christian' country, so does MI6 (etc) look at the world through 'Christian' paradigms?

Permanent Secretary
    Permanent Secretaries (known by other names in some departments) are the non-political civil service heads (and "accounting officers") or chief executives of government departments, who generally hold their position for a number of years (thus "permanent") at a ministry as distinct from the changing political Secretaries of State to whom they report and provide advice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_Secretary

If the secret services of countries work the same way, that's fine...but I struggle to believe they do.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

That's what they want us to believe.

4. odonII

odonII O

Don't be a 'the dope'...

5. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I honestly do not think they work well together, mainly because of ego and the need to be one up on the others.

They may collaborate when necessary but only to a degree of need rather than all are on the same page.

6. odonII

odonII O

No I'm not.

7. odonII

odonII O

I'm not that smart.

People generally post their thoughts and I respond to them - not the other way around. I do 'my own research' and if it does not compute with what some people have said, I have a bit of a chat with them. I have to say, I do try and 'win' sometimes, but only if I believe the other person is only trying to make me 'lose'. Fair game.

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Okay. :)

9. odonII

odonII O

Can you answer my question now?

'why?'

10. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

11. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Surely i can handle that. So a trick question? Are you satisfied that they have no religion, that is intelligence agencies? Did you know that you are talking about agencies that have no beliefs but guidelines and mission statements. People have beliefs.

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yeah, I answered it.

And really, it's not a big deal that I liked it... I read it and it made sense to my head at the time. It's kinda hard to explain anyways and not really what this thread is about...

So, back to your topic. :)

13. odonII

odonII O

14. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

15. odonII

odonII O

Not a trick question.

'That's what they want us to believe.' to me this is completely vague - which is how I perceived your initial response. It doesn't actual mean anything.

I do not believe all the intelligence agencies around the world are with out religion.

Mossad: 'Where no counsel is, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety"

The 29 November 1947 United Nations Partition Plan plunged the Land of Israel (Eretz Yisrael) into into a maelstrom of war. The first wave of attacks came from local Arabs. When the British Mandate officially ended and the State of Israel was declared on 15 may 1948, the local Arabs were joined by Arab states, which sent their armies to invade Israel from the south, the north and the east.

Before the State was declared, there were several underground and semi- underground organizations in the Jewish Community (Yishuv) which, naturally, required information for their operation. These included rescuing Jews, "illegal" immigration, deterring Arab mobs, and anti-Mandate operations. The Hagana, the Yishuv's main military force, established Shai – Sherut Yediot, or Information Service. Shai's job was to collect information for Hagana operations and to provide information to the Yishuv leadership for its political and military dealing with the Israeli Arabs, the Arab countries, and the mandate authorities. Shai became well established before the state was declared and its chiefs included Isser Harel (Halperin, or "little Isser"), who later headed both the Security Service (Shin-Bet) and Mossad. Other organizations had their own intelligence services to serve their individual needs.

The declaration of the State and the onslaught of the Arab armies dictated new needs: the need to create an intelligence infrastructure, the need to establish an official framework, and the need to define specific spheres of responsibility. These needs were both clear and urgent.
    Proverbs XI/14. '

http://www.mossad.gov.il/Eng/AboutUs.aspx

Some might be more easily identifiable than others...

16. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Someone pour me a bloody cup o tea :dizzy2:

17. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Correction.........there is SUPPOSED to be a separation of church and state, but the superstitious beliefs of those in power often influence legislation and other government actions. It's an undeniable fact that the religious beliefs of some politicians influence them to try to make abortion illegal, and also prevent gay marriage from becoming completely legal in all states. In short, religion DOES influence the government, whether directly or indirectly.

Also, LOL @ religion. Fuckin fairy tales and bullshit.

18. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Haha dev.. this thread making you need a really strong cup of tea, huh?

19. odonII

odonII O

I wonder what the world would be like with out it.

20. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

Simply better.