What qualifies as an anorexic?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hiro, Aug 16, 2005.

1. hiro

hiro pursue it

Not eating at all of eating as little as humanly possible?

2. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

3. hiro

hiro pursue it

Ewww.... I meant the question, sicko.

4. .::INCUBUS::.

.::INCUBUS::. Member

is that lindsey lohan? LOL!

no but seriously.... thats pic is gross!

5. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

An anorexic is someone with an eating disorder that doesn't eat, or eats very little. They usually think that they are really fat, when in fact their bones are showing. They also usually over-exercise to lose more weight. They may also take laxitives so food doesn't stay in them long.

Bulimics usually eat a ton of food and then go force themselves to puke.

People who have these disorders need treatment to stop doing it. That's what makes one "quailify".

6. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

that picture looks like someone i know who i've been helping recover from anorexia.. they look at food as the enemy.. & no matter how skinny they may be they still feel fat..
    my freind was as lowas 68 pounds at 1 point & when they found her almost dead & put in a feeding tube shed rip it out
    theres alot of complex issues, sometimes its just a matter of feeling out of control, & not eatting is at least 1 thing in theyre life they can control
    getting help only works igf they want to change..& have hope for a better future

7. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

yea... once I was 10 pounds or somethign like that away from being anorexic.. I lost 20 pounds in less then two months... and when I was younger I use to make myself throw up all the time because I was depressed and because my ex boyfriend use to always call me fat.. or a fat hog... and so I thought I was so ugly and really fat. My aunt is anorexic and is bulemic.

8. soaringeagle

yea its usualy ignorant or cruel people who cause it..1 person u care about who calls u fat ersases 100's of others who say your too skinny..

9. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

i went about three months or so starving myself and exercizing a ton ..about a 5 mile jog a day and it helped me loose weight but it also agrivated my migraines so i started eating "right" ......4 or 5 small meals a day, veggies and fish and chicken
    i still exersized but not quite so heavy
    it is a sickness...it is sad when people feel like they have to loose weight even tho they are obviously slim... [​IMG]

10. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

it's more mental than just what you eat... no matter what you weigh or how in shape you are, you always feel fat or look fat to yourself. You could weigh 60lbs and still tell yourself you're fat, that's anorexia. It's pretty goddamn scary, especially with all the pro-ana websites out there :(

11. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

What are you guys talking about, the girl in that picture isn't anorexic! She's actually a little chubby...if she lost a few more pounds I'd do her :(

12. soaringeagle

thats just sick & statements like that on;y contributes to the sickness
    i'm prety sure thayt is the girl i know..but hard to be sure since the pic i sawwas a much smaller version
    & she hopefuly is comming to stay with me & i want her to keep gaining weight till shes healthy..shesalready doing much better but still haaways to go

13. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I used to have a serious anorexia problem... and I'm over it now, but.. not completely, like I eat and all, but I still have a problem with my body, I've started to exercise like crazy and I know I don't need to at all, but it makes me feel better, more confident with my body, it's all in my head.

I used to eat once or twice a week, when I was 16-17. I was also intensely depressed, which cut my appetite.

14. seamonster66

the statement was intentionally sick soaring eagle..pointing out the ridiculous aspect of the disease.

15. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

Hold back the jokes a little alright.

16. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

That picture made me feel sick... she look concentration camp skinny, it's horrible

17. seamonster66

why should I, perhaps shock value is whats needed

18. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

You need a sense of humor, honestly

19. seamonster66

I would take care of someone who is anorexic, I have sympathy for them, but honestly its outrageous...something needs to get through to them about the dicrepancy between the way they see themselves and the way they are.

20. soaringeagle

she sees it..& she is getting better..& i didnt get through to her by joking, i got through to her by caring, & compassion
    yes penny those pictures of her scared the hell out of me..& itt also scared ythe hell out of me when she saisd shes freezing when its 120 outside, or when just sitting causes her whole body to bruise..yea the disease is sick..disgusting even, but not hopeless..but like alcaholism its a daily struggle
    she looks much better then that now..but still needs to gain about 25 pounds to be really healthy.. but shes getting there 1 pound at a time