what potency do I need to get?

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by lynsey, Jan 29, 2005.

1. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I found a head shop today and than found that there are all these different potencies. Will the lowest potency have it's desired affects? I don't want to get one that's too high and end up flipping out.

2. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I'd suggest 10x or 15x. It would probably be better to get higher potency, and do lower doses if you're worried about that... :D

3. lynsey

lynsey Banned

how much should it run? I broke my bowl and when I went in to get a new one it was 25 40 and 60 for the salvia ...I think. Is that normal? So it's the lower potencies that make you have a bad experience?

4. Soulless||Chaos

The prices sound about right. There is nothing wrong with the lower potency, just if you don't pass the threshold, you won't get any effects. So, it would seem best to get the more potent stuff, and just use a lower dosage, rather than getting something too weak. :D

5. lynsey

lynsey Banned

so I shouldn't get the x5? Should I go with the 10? I am really sensitive to all drugs both legal and illegal. I also don't remember do I smoke it straight or put it on weed? Seriously no one smokes it down here-I know of no one here who has even tried it.

6. Foppful

Foppful Member

Try 10x, but seriously, pack a tiny amount. Experiment with caution, it is more powerful than you think. Try holding the flame on it the entire hit. Smoke it all by itself, in a glass bowl or bong, anything but a joint really. Remember, a small hit at first.

7. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

Read the sticky thread on this forum for all kinds of advice. =)

I'd suggest 5x, 6x, or 10x for you. Some other people might suggest different ... but in truth, it's all dependent on how much you want to smoke to achieve the desired effects. I consider 10x to be the best extract personally; you don't have to smoke TOO much to have a very strong experience, but unless you TRY to smoke too much, you won't have an experience that's just too strong to handle. =)

8. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

10x

I just ate an orange and my fingers smell delightfully like oranges. This pleases me.

9. Soulless||Chaos

I'd go with the 10x, I've really never had any experience with anything weaker than that. And you should smoke it by itself, prefferably through a bong/bubbler as it doesn't taste too great. You should cache the whole amount you are going to smoke in one hit, and hold it as long as you can, or until you forget what you're doing. (Shouldn't take long) :D

10. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have had plenty of good experience with plain leaves. If this is your first time smoking salvia, I would try plain leaves before doing an extract. 10X sent me on a level 6 the first time I tried an extract. Never again.
    Please make sure you have a sitter and I wish you a good experience.

11. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I've done it before but with someone who has done it and I have no idea what potencey it was, but I was like seriously illucinating I saw like water and glass and felt like I was somewhere else I had no idea where I was but I didn't really care it was way intense but way good and I want to do it again! so the 5 won't do anything? I just really don't want to have a bad experience.

12. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

5x should work just fine. If not and you thnk it was not strong enough, try another dose of the 5x before going and buying a stronger potency. As for bad experiences, I don't think the potency level is the only factor. You can have a scary experience on leaves alone. Just enter the experience in a good head space and you should be fine.
    JMHO