What music do your animals like?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by rainbowkid, Jan 19, 2005.

1. rainbowkid

rainbowkid Member

Do anyone else's animal's like or dislike certain Bands or music?
    Because my cats seem to like Pink Floyd but they don't really like Gong as much. What are your animals like?
    Peace, Love.

2. august_moon

august_moon Member

My birds dig anything you play. They'll go silent when its turned off or down then start up again in chorus when its put back on. Its like they are singing along, they love it!

3. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

My rabbits aren't into music. Casey has a fear of loud noises so runs and hides, Branwen just glares like a cat until I give in and turn it off.

4. Fernanda

Fernanda Member

My Angus is into my music...Blind Melon, The Cure, The Police, Depeche Mode, Deftones, Sonic Youth...
    Like me...he likes everything!

Pets def. love music!

Fer;)

5. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

my cat likes bouncy, happy commercial jingles. he will meow a bit to certain ones. Like the Charmin commercials, he'll meow and paw at the TV.

6. apple seed

apple seed Member

my pet paritet ( bird, about 7 in long, and green) likes mike oldfeld, zepplen, floyd, hendrix, and joplen. he trys to sing along to all of them but can't get it right.

love, apple seed.

7. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

my mom has a cocker spaniel who i swear was a female opera singer in a past life....anytime opera music comes on, and it has to be a female singer, her ears perk up and she starts howling along......

...hehe...i know a woman who has a dog who really likes bob marley.....

8. Ellied

Ellied Senior Member

none of my cats like my music but my cat milo loves it when my brother plays sean paul...suppose theres no accounting for taste!!

9. Welsh Werecat

Welsh Werecat Member

My cat loves 'Heartbreaker' by Dionne Warwick. He sings along to it....onyl that song though. He's an odd little cat 0.o

10. my dog jack really seems to like the cat stevens

11. my daisy dog likes anything thats not a girls voice she kinda like stares at the speaker, but when a female singer comes on she runs to another room and hides her head... cooter chills out when we pay sublime and monster well shes not really devloped her personalty yet

12. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I play david grisman for my dog........it relaxes her.:D My cat could care less about music.....just give him a mouse to play with and shut the fuck up:p

13. my dog loves bob marley..i think he'll dance to bob

14. alpha ralpha

alpha ralpha Member

feelinfreakish, by daisy do you mean a bichonpoo-shitzu mix? Mine doesn't like the bass

15. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Well, I'm not sure what my pups prefer but I know what they don't like- me singing. It really drove my ole pup InSaNe...and my one dog, Do-do, barks at me when I play the didge....I think they are trying to tell me something...

16. my mom's budgie LOVES Zamphir. I even made a special compilation CD just for him composed of Zamphir music.

17. DeathRowDisco

DeathRowDisco Member

My dog likes anything that I listen to, and most of the stuff that my husband listens to. I know why, though - because I sing/dance with him when we're the only ones home, haha. Our roommate's music? Not so much. He listens to much heavier stuff than my husband and I usually do, and he's also a vocalist (him and myself, not my husband) ... but he's more into the screaming/growling kind of music, and it either scares the dog or just gets him really hyper and makes him want to play (instant reaction to someone growling at him - play time!!). He doesn't like it because most of the time, the roommate doesn't actually *want* to play, and the dog tries and tries to get him to anyway.

18. alpha ralpha

alpha ralpha Member

well our guinea pig liked classic rock turned way up, we think.
    Anyhoo, here's a pic of my daisy dog Sasha

[​IMG]

19. mystik_lilac

mystik_lilac Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Pugley likes ambient music. It soothes him when he's home alone. If I dont leave it playing he frets the whole time I'm gone. But if I play the music for him, he goes right to sleep.

20. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

Mine hate country and western...but they LOVE classic Rock...and some of the newer Rock bands !!