What movies do you see in this pic?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Nebulous, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Wut was your pic for poltergeist?

2. Nebulous

Nebulous Carpe diem

The girl putting her hands on the TV in the middle shop

Pete's Draggin' and Eric! like this.
  3. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Pete- what Neb said:D

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  4. parua

parua Members

I never read the book, so I don't know how much difference there is, but the movie (what I remember of it) was probably geared more for someone who was just getting in to thinking about science. Just from reading your posts, I'm sure it would be old hat for you.

When I watched it, I was expecting more, and I had been into science and deep thinking (well, deep for me, that is) for a while already.

5. parua

parua Members

I didn't know there was a movie made in 2019 called Flatland. My previous response was about an animated short called Flatland: the movie.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think we were referring to the same thing. The story is about shapes in different dimensions and one (at least from what I recall) happens to traverse into a different dimension and is fascinated by his novel perceptions yah? In the book, there is some implicit Victorian era satire as well.

7. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

little shop of horrors !

8. parua

parua Members

I had to do some research because I really thought we were talking about 2 different things. There are actually more than a couple of movies/shorts based on the book. The one I saw was made as an introductory short for physics, I think. It was a cartoon version, with a similar story line but much simpler, with some changes with characters.

I'm pretty sure I saw it in between 2 other movies. I know that I was disappointed because I thought that I'd heard that it was a decent movie. Surely I'd heard about a different version.

Anyway, don't watch the one that's only a little over 30 minutes long. It would probably be a waste of your time, unless you watch it with kids who are interestedin science, and enjoy you answering questions for them.