What just happened?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by PurpleMapleTree, May 27, 2004.

1. PurpleMapleTree

PurpleMapleTree Member

It was around 3:30 AM, and I woke up. I felt so sick, like, I haven't felt that yucky in a really long time. I decided to lay there for a bit... but the feeling got worse.
    So I sat up, and grabbed a mint altoid (mint is supposed to calm the nerves as well as the stomach). Once I sat up, the feeling got worse, and I started getting really hot, so I took the covers off of me.. like two minutes after I did that, I started getting really really cold... but I was sweating like crazy. My arms were wet, so were my face, back, and chest. The covers were then half on me.
    All the while I felt so nausus (sp?). I couldn't like, even move.. (I could move my arms, and legs.. and could probably have walked if I absolutley made myself)... but it was like I was just cemented there.
    I was looking out my window, just trying to relax... and everything got alittle cloudy, like I was going to pass out, but I took a deep breath, and the feeling of passing out went away.
    About 20 minutes later, I felt better.. the nausea went away, the cold sweat went away, I can walk.. however I just feel sick.. no symptoms (my stomach doesn't feel too great), overall just a blah feeling. ya know?
    So does any one have any suggestions/ ideas as to what happened?

2. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

sounds like it may have been something you ate.

3. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Food poisioning most likely. I had it for a whole day. It is disgusting. Think back to what you ate in the past 24 hours. Did you eat out at a resturant (you never know what the hell the cook is doing back there, even at 5 star places) did you have any meat that could have been mishandled, or veggies not chopped on clean cutting boards, using clean utensils? Only thing you can do though is get it out of you. Your body is doing what it is supposed to do though. At least you know it works.

4. PurpleMapleTree

PurpleMapleTree Member

Thanks for the post backs. I figured out what it was that I ate. Clams. I am a vegetarian. I sometimes eat fish, and even more rarely eat shell fish (clams, oysters... etc. That night I had made a clam sauce to go over pasta. And, I think thats what caused the problem.
    I am still feeling alittle off... but so much better than yesterday!

5. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Oh yeah... clams will do it for sure. Glad you figured it out.

6. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

food poisioning or stomach flu...that is exactly how i felt last time i had it.......:(