What is your strangest or most uneasy encounter with creepy crawlies?

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by SportfishingJunkie, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sat on toilet.
    Big hunstsman crawled up thigh
    I screamed
    My dad squished it.
    Now I kick the toilet seat every time I use a toilet.

Meliai likes this.
  2. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

:anguished::anguished::anguished::anguished:

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

my sister likes to tell the story about the time I was a baby and sitting on the floor in the living room. My parents still had this awful brown shag carpet, this would have been 1985, probably too late for shag carpet but they had it longer than they should have lol...anyways so we were having a horrible drought that year, all the water moccasins that lived in the creek near my house were crawling all over the place in search of water because the creek had dried up. And my sister noticed something brown moving in the carpet a foot away from where I was sitting. She said she grabbed me and jumped about 10 feet in the air

That always freaks me out to think about, could a water moccasin kill a baby? And why did my parents think shag carpet was a good idea?

4. SportfishingJunkie

SportfishingJunkie Get busy living or get busy dying

Well i guess ill have to add toilet seats to the list of things to check before wearing, reaching into, or sitting on, thanks for the heads up

5. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

My most uneasy experience. Let’s see...hmm. When the a/c wasn’t working and a palmetto bug crawled across me as I lay in bed. It was huge. Oh gosh, that memory! :tired:

6. SportfishingJunkie

Considering a baby is much smaller than an adult and water moccasin venom is strong enough to sicken and even kill an adult, the effects from that same volume of venom would definitely be worse in small children

7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The black ants here in the UK are fairly harmless.

Our daughter has always been a great animal lover and they just seem to be attracted to her.
    She is now a London police officer and last summer when their was a bee swarm in the city, they dispatched her to sort it out. When she arrived it was chaos, with police entirely evacuating people and buildings. She quickly told people that if they stood still, no one would get stung. She stopped the evacuation and half an hour later, she had a group of about 50 people standing only yards away from the settled cluster and explaining how the bee keeper who had been called was collecting the swarm and establishing a new colony.
    We live near a bee farm, so she had seen it plenty of times in the past and knows that the only time that bees will sting is if they get trapped in clothing.

This picture is genuine. The guy put a virgin queen in his beard to collect a swarm. The only precaution that he took was to block his ears and nose with cotton wool to prevent the bees from crawling inside.

BeeBeard.jpg

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^i like bees. Bees are nice.

9. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

10. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

11. SportfishingJunkie

Now that would be a cool facebook profile pic

wilsjane likes this.
  12. SportfishingJunkie

Wow I like the red knee and the one on the bottom. Where I live though, tarantulas are prohibited

StellarCoon likes this.
  13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've been stung on the ass twice, but it never made its way to the inner thigh.

sat on a wasp once as a kid (i think it actually stung me twice, so technically i've been stung on the ass three times). then one time i was driving home from work and a honeybee flew in my car window and went straight up my shorts. i pulled it off and threw it out the window, then a few minutes later i realized that the stinger was still there so in a panic i grabbed it, squeezing all the remaining poison right into my ass in the process. i actually had my only ever serious allergic bee reaction after that, probably just because i had an entire bee's worth of venom in me.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My mum was also afraid of moths which well really I got all my bug fears from her because we used to act hysterical every time we saw one but moths, man you'd think she was in a cave of bats lol.

15. SportfishingJunkie

Actually had to take a bat out of the nursery at my church a couple weeks ago. Wouldn't be the first time I've had to chase bats around there

16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

CB41F67F-9F51-4790-98C6-B6F0540370CB.jpeg

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I'm in the wrong thread. Bye.

18. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Ok, last summer I removed 50 ticks from my body. I kid you not. Even as an avid outdoor person, I consider this INSANE. Besides lyme disease the plethora of "biohazards is scary.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

This thread title reminded me of a certain elderly poster we used to have here that used to make my skin crawl

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well dont stop there, spill it..who could it be

Eric! likes this.