What is your most favorite sitcom?

Discussion in 'TV Comedies and Sitcoms' started by water_baby, Jul 30, 2005.

1. water_baby

water_baby Senior Member

Mine is Seinfeld.

2. Wonder Girl

Wonder Girl rhapsody in pink

Probably Seinfeld for me,too....it has staying power. I've watched every episode tons of times,and still will laugh at them.

3. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

That's a hard one, there are many great sit coms out there !

I would have to say either Teachers or Trailor Park Boys

4. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

Seinfeld is one of my favorites, but so are others so its hard to pic just one...
    Though I am a huge fan of Sanford and Son cause I am a huge admirer of Redd Foxx...

5. Jesus the Jedi

Jesus the Jedi Senior Member

Seinfeld hands down.

Cheers comes in a close second though.

6. Mane

Mane Member

Friends

7. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

could never watch either.

8. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

I just keep watchin your sig vid over n over:-S Not good. Why is friends funny people? I never got it

Love-Maxi.Xx

9. Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes Member

Hmmm. Never liked Seinfeld. I guess I'd go for All In the Family, Sanford & Son, Everybody Loves Raymond, and the Drew Carey Show. Cheers & Family Matters I like too.

10. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

I found Seinfeld anti-Semitic.

I prefer League of Gentlemen. Red Dwarf a nice close second.

11. Jesus the Jedi

jerry seinfeld is jewish.

12. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

RE: jerry seinfeld is jewish

By strict definition (having a Jewish mother) so was Hitler.

13. Jesus the Jedi

did hitler practice?

14. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Well, no.

Point being, simply being Jewish doesn't shield you from anti-Semitism. In fact one of the most anti-Semitic people I ever met was born and raised a Jew but has rejected it to the point of EATING pork EVERY MEAL. On Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur he actually boils meat in milk.

Seinfeld's characters are all really offensive stereotypes, in my opinion. Others may disagree, and that's cool. But when I saw the episode in which Seinfeld's uncle not only hauls a watch out of the trash (dis is a good votch!) but SELLS it to him even though it's his property.... I'm like Jeepers, could you have found a more stereotypical looking guy to play the "Jews are cheap and will sell their mothers for ten cents" joke? Let's leave the sexual neurosis and other hangups out of it too.

I dunno, it just left a really raw taste in my mouth.

15. TheLizardQueen

TheLizardQueen horny for knowledge

Cosby Show
    Golden Girls
    Rosanne
    Reba
    Home Improvement

16. Jesus the Jedi

Youve never made a jew joke to one of your friends? keyword JOKE. i dont want to get into an arguement about this people just need to lighten up, things this simple arent harming anyone, if they do then well, you were brought up in a cave until your parents let you go out to the outside world which you then noticed was to harsh because you never knew anything other then a cave.

17. Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes Member

[​IMG]Oh crap. I forgot about The Golden Girls and Rosanne. HOW could I have forgotten them?![​IMG]

18. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

RE: Youve never made a jew joke to one of your friends? keyword JOKE. i dont want to get into an arguement about this people just need to lighten up, things this simple arent harming anyone,

Sadly, I haven't.

But I have had them tell me some that I considered truly awful e.g. a friend of mine picking up a bar of soap and saying... "Grandpa???" or asking the difference between a Jew and a croissant. (HINT: the punchline involves the word "oven")

One of the things that keeps intolerance going is the jokes - like if you have a problem with calling Jews sexually weird, neurotic, cheap and obsessive compulsive you don't have a sense of humor. I mean, way back when people who thought the whole watermelon and fried chicken negro blackface thing was in poor taste were told the same thing - and one of these days we'll stop having every man in a sitcom being a spineless retard.

We can laugh at situations without having to start labelling people.

You can laugh at what you want, man - it's just one of my pet peeves.

19. stoney69

stoney69 Member

hmm, weren't you bein anti-semitic yourself not too long ago? http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102448

(oh yea, muslims are semitic too ..we share the same father, abraham!)

now then, back to the thread which didn't have an "anti-semitic" agenda, i find seinfeld a bit annoyin coz they're always complainin and the pitch aint that attractive! kramer's always funny though

20. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

I was asking questions of a belief system, nowhere in my post was I trying to answer said question.

Maybe it was asked in an inflammatory way, but I was trying to find out why there was NO response from the world community.

For what it's worth I've had a stimulating discourse via PM with a devout Muslim that has answered a lot of my questions. We have a mutual enemy in the nutjobs who blow up buildings. It's what I have always thought - but I was decrying the silence and have since been informed in the Arab world there is far from silence about it.