What is your favorite Michael Moore Film?

Discussion in 'Documentaries' started by Wasteland, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Wasteland

Wasteland Member

This also includes his only feature film, Canadian Bacon. His TV shows and mini-docs don't count.

Mine would have to be Bowling for Columbine.

2. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

i watched only Fahrenheit 9/11,so i cant really say

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't like his doc's at all. Allthough I share his point of view sometimes he's very subjective and there's a lot of twisted info in his movies.
    I liked his tv-show more, it was broadcasted some time ago in the Netherlands as well.

4. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I agree 100%. The docs do come out very twisted, and his interviewing techniques cause him to lose a LOT of ground. All in all, if I had to pick, I guess it would be The Big One for me - although it really does bring up another big issue for me: HE'S EATING MCDONALDS! Seriously. I mean, making a documentary about how corporations selling crap and treating their employees badly is ruining America - and he eats at McDonalds in it! C'mon!

I liked Bowling For Columbine, it was very effective at the time it came out, but again, his interviewing techniques screw him (especially with Mr. Heston). I think the best way to sum up this guy, is that he said himself he wants to make "entertaining" movies, rather than "educational" movies. That, in itself, lost a lot of respect from me.

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Michael Moore is a joke.

6. ryukahotpink

ryukahotpink Member

I agree on Bowling for Columbine being his best.

Fehrenheit (however you spell the damn word) 9/11 was anti-bush propaganda and boy I enjoyed it, but he's a populist, and extremely opinionated and his interviewing style is absolutely horrible. I never wanted to believe the information was also twisted, but ya know, I sigh and just admit, that since most of what the mainstream media Fox, CNN and NBC feed you is equally twisted/warped, so whatever.
    I think what he did with the Heston interview was absurd, just as it is to waltz into KMART corporate office and demand they stop selling bullets and "why do you sell bullets why why why!!!" kind of accusations, people just call the police, and with that kind of intrusion, I believe they have the right to. On a happier note I think he may end up being the first person in history to be thrown out of the NRA.

7. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Bowling for Columbine is definently the most funny and entertainingly hypocritical :)

8. Ginglymus

Ginglymus Member

He annoys the right-wing America so that's one definite plus about his work.

9. lucyinthesky16

lucyinthesky16 pirate wench

bowling for colombine proves that the government controls this contry with fear.

10. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

I am as left-wing as they come, but I think Moore is a bad representative of radical liberalism.

He is blaringly hypocritical and his blaming of inanimate objects for crime is silly. What about poverty? Lack of education? Psychological and behavioral disorders? Guns can take lives only when people use them. They can also SAVE lives, keep a woman from being raped, stop a burglar in his tracks, etc.

Moore needs to make documentaries on the drug war, the sexual paranoia in America, the health care epidemic, etc. Fh9/11 was as good as it gets for subject matter, but was still lacking in my opinion.

There are some really good documentaries out there that get the point across by merely being objective. These are the most powerful to me.

11. lucyinthesky16

i dont think he was blaming guns in 'bowling for colombine', i think that was his point. he said himself other countries have guns, but less gun violence. he suggested that we can get guns too easily (remember when he 'returned the merchendise' to k-mart?) and that the media freaks us out so much with its constant coverage of violence, its probably why people are so violent.

12. Duck

his poitn was to make money

one minute he blamed guns, and the NRA, the next he said that "canada doesn't have murder, even though it has guns"

he knows his own hypocrisy, he doens't give a shit abotu the issues, he just wants to be rich and famous

13. lucyinthesky16

this may be true, but it did make me think about how screwed up our media is.

14. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Come to think of it, you are right!

Damn, it's been a long time since I saw it. But, it did seem aimed toward blaming guns and bullets at times.

15. lucyinthesky16

^ probably because that was the first thing everybody blamed. my favorite part tho was that guy who slept with a loaded gun-:eek:

16. Duck

no, it's because at parts of the movie, he was straight out blaming guns

remember when he went to WalMart or whatever bitching about the ammo being sold?
    and remember when he was trying to discredit the NRA?
    and bothering poor Moses?

the movie blames guns at one point and the media at another
    and completely discredits itself in the process

17. Flight From Ashiya

Flight From Ashiya Senior Member

Michael Moore isn't the only one to rile at the NRA.
    Anti-Gun lobby:George Clooney had a run-in with Charlton Heston at one time.

18. clementinexo

clementinexo hip *****s sucks.

bowling for columbine, i thought that movie was incredible.

19. Radiation

Radiation Ruling the Nation

Canadian Bacon. :H

20. Jesus the Jedi

Jesus the Jedi Senior Member

He's an entertainer, and he'll admit it anytime someone confronts him about the bullshit he presents in his movies.