What is wrong with my plants now?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pests and Problems' started by StonerBill, Jan 23, 2005.

1. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

Two of the original 5 plants i had are growing, and are about identical in size and shape and stuff. anywya, the thing is, theyve been growing for a few months now, but there is only one place on each lant where new leaves are forming (except in the joints of larger leaves along the plant)

can someone please clarify whats going on?

we have two trypes of plants, theres these tow, and the other two, which grow heaps and heaps of new 'branches' as id say, where new leaves come off, but one of thee plants is a bonsai one (its miniature hehe its cute, it wont grow more than 5 inches or so) and the other is jsut demented. they are both genetically ill, but they grow more leaves than the healthy plants.

heres a diagram to show you waht i mean.

are the plants too young? not getting the right sunlight? does this have something to do with the sexing?

2. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

so yeh also i meant to ask, where on the plant will bud form? will bud-branches shoot out when it gets to later in my summer (winter for most)? only at the top of these plants, or will they come from the joints between leaves and stem?

3. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

what you are experiencing is what we call a different 'phenotype' some plants end up being one big bud 3-5 foot tall. some become huge bushy ten foot tall wonders.
    unless you have what we call a true breeding strain, this is just gonna happen.
    not all plants are the same, and hybrids can come out like either ,or even both parents.

males are also know for having little or few branches.

4. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

what is a true breeding strain?

5. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

oh i hope theyre not male :'(

6. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

true breeds all look the same- basically one phenotype [shape] plant.
    usually somewhat pricy.
    males show from 3-5 months. out of every five plants plan on getting two or three males.and plant enough seeds to get how many you want.

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

well, my mum mentioned once about them being of a very special strain, some very old, or like ancestor strain or something like that i dunno i think she was using unusual terminology and i was stoned at the time

8. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

maybe a hashplant, i have one that buds with very little branching.

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yay i found a branch today. i guess they just needed time and sun (caus they dont get heaps of direct sunlight each day because of where we live)

11. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

That'll do it.

but i still think you've got a unique plant there.