What Is The Purpose Of Human Life?

Discussion in 'Psychology and Sociology of Modern Society' started by RichardTheFrog, Nov 25, 2014.

1. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

Other than "to reproduce" just like the purpose of a bacteria.

But after billions of years of evolution leading up to our species, which is the most intelligent clump of molecules every known (to us anyway), and 200,000 years of our species evolution.

We have evolved from little ape-like creatures who got preyed on by large cats, into hunter-gatherers with spears and nets that came to be the top predator on the planet.

We invented agriculture and eventually and eventually trade and industry.

What is the point of all this?

What is the "epitome" of human existence?

Is it works of art? Scientific discoveries? Something else?

Any guesses or theories?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it happened because it happened. so you might as well enjoy it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

:iagree: Yeah pretty much.

4. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

But what is our most impressive achievement? Is it the Taj Mahal? Is it the Large Hadron Collider?

Advanced technology like computers?

Is there no point to it at all? There is no more point to human existence than there is to a bacteria's existence?

Eat food, feed cells, wait for it to be over?

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The nuclear bomb is our best achievement. We been killin' ppl all our existence, now we finally have the option to use that skill on mass scale unlike ever before. WW2 was our best era. We finally figured out to murder on mass scale.

6. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

Spoken like a true Nazi.

PS: I am not a Nazi. Don't kick me off the forum.

But, I would say it is one of the things you could call impressive. A very advanced technological achievement.

So... art, architecture, technology, scientific discoveries.

Our most impressive achievement to date:

Beats by DRE. Hahaha (to steal someone else's joke)

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

most impressive achievement? that's pretty subjective. different people are impressed by different things. some people are most impressed by architectural achievements like the taj majal. some people are most impressed by scientific achievements like the hadron collider, or computers, or space travel for that matter. some people are most impressed by natural phenomena, like mountains, or the grand canyon, or the stars, etc. some people are most impressed by someone who can throw an orange ball through a hoop. a lot of women are most impressed by someone that will slap them around a bit and cheat on them. basically, you could get a different answer from everyone you ask this question to.

no, i don't think there is any inherent point to human existence. basically, it's what you make it. which means there probably is more of a point to human existence than bacterial existence, because we have more options. bacteria only exist to exist, basically. humans have lots of different ways to go with it.

8. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

But you could categorize those things...... architecture, science, technology..... the mountains and stars are not a human achievement.....

yea, athletics. I could care less about that. Same thing year after year. WHO THE FUCK CARES!!! Lol. I used to watch Sportscenter every day when I was TWELVE!!! I have seen every which way to slam dunk, hit a home run, score a touchdown on the last play, and every boring ass thing in between.

And a lot of people like art as the best... which would include music... and some people would tell you that Miley Cyrus is the best thing since sliced bread. I think she's ugly and probably full of herself.

Some people think celebrities are cool. I have seen otherwise intelligent women break down into a rant about Lindsay Lohan.

As far as "a guy who will slap her around and cheat on her." I haven't seen that in a while. Maybe you could say "relationships" or "people" in general.

Anyone else have any ideas?

9. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

Do you have an answer to the question?

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

11. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

Well thanks!

12. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Maybe human life is the universe opening a window onto itself. Maybe not.

13. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

I'm gonna go with Blue Man Group.

14. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

Bliss.

15. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Well, if we can't eat it, or fuck it, we just piss on it. For the most part.
    Then we save leaving folks like RichardTheFrog in a mental quandary for recreation.

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Hip forums is the apex of human evolution, it never gets better than this peeps