What is the best thing for an alcohol hangover?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by RandomOne, Jul 20, 2008.

1. RandomOne

RandomOne Member

Aside from water and vitamins (not working)?

I have heard various theories like coffee and burnt toast, a glass of milk etc. but some sites say they don't work.

I'm in a bad place today, worst hangover of my life :/ Any advice is appreciated

2. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

Honestly, the only true cure for a real hangover, and I mean one where you can hardly walk is time.

Weed alleviates the shittyness though, and I'm sure benzos would do well. But really, its just time.

3. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

If Gatorade and B-complex vitamins don't do it, you're just gonna have to wait it out.

4. lovelypeace

lovelypeace Member

i posted a thread asking the same thing...there is no cure for a hangover, but sleep and lots of water. good luck!

5. BillyX

BillyX Member

greasy food from KFC does the trick for me!

6. prismatism

prismatism loves you

definitely spaghettios.
    i don't like spaghettios unless i'm hungover, but spaghettios make a hangover feel like christmas morning!

and cartoons that aren't obnoxiously loud or overly relevant to daily life... stuff like pokemon and sonic the hedgehog and the simpsons. and a really comfy blanket. woohoo.

7. prismatism

prismatism loves you

also everyone knows the best thing to do after a night of drinking is go to ihop. they say it's good because the pancakes soak up all the crap in your tummy, but really it's because the fat and sugar make you happeeeeee :]

8. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

those chaser pills....

9. ItsRiver

ItsRiver Member

that sounds like the best cure thus far. esp since this is what i catch on my pokedex:
    [​IMG]

10. Tanman35

Tanman35 Member

im surprised that noone mentioned this already but i know for me when i know im gonna have a bad hang over i go to sleep with a shot of something hard (usually jack daniels) next to my bed (or sometimes floor depending how drunk i am ha) and once i wake up knock that back and i usually feel great, as the saying goes all you need is a little hair of the dog that bit ya

11. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

You could just make sure to drink a glass or 2 of water before you go to bed. Then you won't have much of a hangover to get rid of.

12. warmhandedcanadian

warmhandedcanadian shit storm chaser

4 200 mg advil, water, tomatoe juice, showerm and back to bed

13. wutthe4k

wutthe4k Mr. Mojo Risin'

dry toast and water

14. underthesun

underthesun Member

they say what you need is water, b vitamins, potassium and a little salt and sugar. so try eating / drinking stuff that will provide that. also what works for me is the purple vitamin water... the "revive" kind.

15. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

chocolate milk is my answer for everything...and smokin a joint of course

16. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

the best cure for a hangover is preventing it. but if youve got one, then the best thing to do is to get your body cycling.

have a shower
    drink water
    take vitimins
    take antioxidants (perhaps drink tea)
    go for a walk
    do a shit
    eat more food than you feel like
    smoke some weed

17. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Eat two greasy meals (a couple hours apart). Drink water non stop until you piss twice with a 45 minute period. Thw whole process takes me 3-4 hours. It's what I di evey day waking up at a festival. By the time you're pissing a lot (re-hydrated), and have eaten twice...you are ready to do it all over again.

*None of this became necesary until about 25 years old. Partying becomes a lot of work when you get older. That's why most people quit everything except for weed and or alcohol. Oops I'm rambling.

18. AerialReaver

AerialReaver Member

for me its weed, and then a couple glasses of milk or water, or sometimes just another beer does the trick

19. AerialReaver

AerialReaver Member

weeds the best one though

20. DNCämþër

DNCämþër Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There is no cure for a hangover, but staying hydrated (with plenty of water) and drinking in moderation will help to prevent it.