what is something good you did for someoen or something today?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by unionpacificrailroad, Jan 5, 2005.

1. unionpacificrailroad

unionpacificrailroad Member

PEace,

i think we need to all think a bit more postiive. so here is a post so we can see of what we have done for others lately. alot of times at work i try to sneak on a little more extra toppings just ot be nice. before Christmas and if you came to my work you would get a very big fat burger. see they have limits on what you can put on. i started seeing some people putting a little extra stuff on some burgers so i decided you cant get in trouble for it so i did it and i saw many of the customers come back a second time and they looked happier. like sometimes i put on alot of mayo then alot more lettuce and every now and then another tomato. and when they order a 'special' sandwich i put on extra hot sauce on the spicey sandwiches, etc, etc. and i see the customers come back for more often! if they sit in. and many times its the same thing so i hope that made there day. :) but being a greese monkey is not very fun. so you see so much greese and oil you gag sometimes.

later

the tired flower child

2. mosaicthreads

mosaicthreads Member

oh, hey man, you're trying to hold us accountable to walk the talk huh? cool.

well I was sick today so I didn't do much except to kind of help out my sick kids. I did make an effort just before the holidays to let people cut me off or turn in front of me on the roads. In the stores I made an effort to be happy and friendly to everyone, especially the clerks working there. They have to put up with so much from crabby, hurried holiday shoppers, they deserve to have laugh or smile now and again. I know it makes my day nicer when people are cheerful or take the time to make me laugh.

3. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

My older sister is disabled and on SSI. Her fixed income makes it impossible to buy gifts for her grand kids at Christmas time. I know how that feels and it's not a good feeling. I get a small divedend every year so instead of buying something for myself or my own grandkids(they had plenty). I bought her some toys to give to her G/K. It made me feel good inside knowing that my sister could relax a little and her g/k would have something from their granny. They next day I got unexpected money three times the money I gave for the gifts. Gotta Love Love Love it. Blessed Be.

4. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

goo, goo, guudy guuud, vukin wuud, U know how talk a bunch uv
    goooy voidz. try grewin your hairz instead, vvukin vukhead.

5. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

What the hell is your problem?

6. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

Wet Brain, Budz. That's 'is problem.

But, Freight Train... Don't cha know that doin' something good is supposed to be you own special secret? What's the sense of doing something nice for someone else if'n you're gonna tell the world about it? If you let others know that you did something nice... it becomes a matter of ego and loses the gift quality of the act itself.

It's kinda like makin' a wish. You just don't go out an blab that you did this and that for whomever... got it?

7. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

yeah, i kinda think that way myself, but sometimes i do good and like to talk about it - not so much as an ego trip, just holding myself up as what a good example of human kind i am and if everyone would just do as i do...

i did do a good deed yesterday, i won't go into detail since it's kinda personal for my friend - i felt like i had actually accomplished something even though i didn't get much done that was on MY list of things to do :)

one little thing i do every day is let people cut in front of me in traffic. it makes my older sons nuts sometimes, but i figure if i wave all those too anxious drivers in front of me, i may be helping to reduce road rage AND i get the added benefit of tailgaters being in front of me where i can keep an eye on them.

8. unionpacificrailroad

unionpacificrailroad Member

PEace Sam,

i will reember that and use it. i knew it but i tought that by talking about some postiive things we do could lighten some people days :)

i am glad you sent your bigger sister some presents to her grand children. taht was VERY nice of you. you are an angel to them, if your not you are to me! HAPPY New YearEVERYbody. MAtt, SAm, ANgel, WE, Cleanoldman, Darrek Kitchen, homebudz, jailmate, EVERYBODY!

later

teh stressed flower child