what is love?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Jaz Delorean, Jan 17, 2005.

1. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

I agree with some of what you're saying, but it's very simplistic. For example, it's perfectly possible to love someone and want the best for them, yet to still feel pain as a result of separation.

If you apply such a loose and negative definition to the notion of 'attachment', then feeling grief at the death of a loved one would simply be an unhealthy attachment. In fact, your logic would seem to lead towards a cold an emotionless place in which we don't connect with the people we love. Is that what you're saying?

2. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

"Love is a feeling of intense affection, given freely and without restriction. The best way you can show your love is to wag your tail. If you're lucky, a human will love you in return. Smiles "-google definition

or alternatively...

"(1) An intense affectionate concern for another person. (2) An intense sexual desire for another person. (3) A beloved person. (4) Term of endearment. (5) A strong fondness or en­thusiasm for something. (6) The benevolence, kindness or brotherhood that man should rightfully feel toward others. In Theology: (1) God benevolence and mercy toward men. (2)mans devotion to or adoration of God. mantra: A mantra or mantram is a powerful spiritual formula which, when repeated silently in the mind, has the capacity to transform consciousness. The mantram may create an opportunity for old thoughts and feelings, old fears and guilts, to be released, or healed, or let go. "

other than that i'm not giving my own views, i'd rather ignore love for now. it's both too wonderful and too painful

3. EarthWhirler

EarthWhirler Member

Howard Jones!!!!! *swoon*

4. EarthWhirler

EarthWhirler Member

Buddhist and Philosophy student?!? Bad, bad, bad combination....... :p;)

5. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

**wags tail** LOVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

6. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Love is,
    When your with your partner holding hands
    and you gently squeeze their hand, it can
    speak a million words without saying anything.

7. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

lolop. love hugs to jess!:p