What is life more than dying?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by bird_migration, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Answer me this question and you found the meaning of (your) life.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what is dying more then life? let me stand that question on its head.

life is an opportunity to experience what we know to be cappable of being experienced while living. what, if anything, death is an opportunity to experience, we can only speculate.

=^^=
    .../\...

3. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

i don't believe in death.
    your question makes no sense...

4. shaman sun

shaman sun Member

Could it be that death and life are a part of the same movement and energy? That it is all beyond time, and that we are simply being, whether we as beautiful objects arise or fall into existence? A man named Krisnaji once said that the question of death becomes meaningless if you don't know how to live here, now.

5. Moving_cloud

Moving_cloud Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

To dy is a full, complete opening of all the inner gates in the very moment of passing on, and letting go of all physical conditions created through time and space in mutual agreement.

Death is also just change ... and even as life it is a dream dreamed by a greater reality.

And even as we desire to wake and become more aware of the beyond, each moment of our lifes - like a holographic blueprint - is molded of the beyond; even as death holds all of our life, to release it from the darkness of not seeing, and from forgetting who we are.

We are dying all the time; and we are in the beyond already, and walking therein all the time. Life is a circle we fly ... it is a dream we dream right before waking. And even as death, life is a mystery and of such great beauty, and there is no real difference.

And so ... your own death is not sometime later in your life, it is right in this Now as you sit here and read ... even as he gives you a pat on your shoulder quietly telling you - I am Here - but where are You my friend ?

;)

6. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

Is death different from birth?

7. mortes

mortes Senior Member

I tried to find the question that the OP hinted at but couldn't, sorry.

8. Yes and no. Specify your question please.

9. shaman sun

shaman sun Member

We certainly do not die slowly over time,

Unless of course it also means we are

Being born,

Do you mind?

And we certainly do not share sentiments of

Death,

Unless of course it is the

Same as a simple breath,

What fresh air we seek,

But what exhales we meet?

A paradox in life is death,

And death in life,

Neither can be known,

But flow we may and be

free from strife,

As we,

being,

simply,

Are.

10. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

Life is every single experience up to and including death. Whether you believe in an afterlife or not, it doesn't stop their. Even if you, yourself are not conscious of it, you live on in the mark that you have made on the world around you.

11. Cornball1

Cornball1 Member

Life is about learning and experience. This is all to teach us for what comes next.

12. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

Well we know and can guess just as much about what will happen to us when we die as we could guess about our lives to come in our mothers woom.

Any thing could happen when we die and untill we do we have no way of knowing just what comes next.

So in that way isnt waiting to die just like waiting to be born?

13. myself

myself just me

Life is a journey.
    And... have you read about Sigmund Freud's death instinct?

14. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Life is a test to what death brings.

15. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

life=death
    cant have one without the other.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

we don't KNOW that. we can only observe that they do seem to go togather.

it is even possible for some very simple organisms to live many times longer then ourselves, but they sure do smell bad. (ok, jk, but it sounded good, just like your "can't have". haven't the slightest idea what they smell like actualy, or even for sure what they are, i think there are some of them living in the cavities in my teeth though, and a few other places)

=^^=
    .../\...

i think what bird seemed to be asking is why do we cling to life and fear death. he almost seemed to be asking why don't we all just commit suicide.

and not for any particular reason.

to which my response was the to me, perfectly logical: why do that either?

i can think of lots of things i enjoy living for, like watching trains going by in the woods. if everyone else wants to kill themselves, i'd just as soon not be the one to have to clean up after their bodies.

=^^=
    .../\...

17. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

18. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

even trees die

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

"let my life die at my feet
    a wolf, too old, to face defeat ...

... but even trees stand but so long,
    wind and rain destroy the strong ..."

beautiful song, that, one of the freebees from promethius,
    which may have used to have been firebird, which may have used to
    sort of before that been off centaur

cynthia mcquillan or mercadies lackey or one of them i think probably wrote it

but living and dying involve tangable proccessess and those can, to some extent be fiddled with, and even more, eventualy learned how to be.

awairness is another matter. and that of coures is what we really are.
    that may be fiddle with able too, in NON tangable ways.

there might even be an off line backup of my soul preceis
    somewhere in "deepthought"'s libraries

=^^=
    .../\...

20. A sick game. Kind of like a bull in a china shop. How much can I break in a finite amount of time.

Nope, sorry, I'm still working on this one. Life is nothing more than dying. I've been struggling with the whole heaven/hell thing for a few years. There appears to be no real purpose to life and no reason to live, but if I leave by my own hand, where will I go? And if I let life run its meaningless course and then die, where will I go?