What is beyond death do you think?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by rayoflight110, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Its interesting how people can sometimes come to the same conclusion, but differ in how we get there. I agree about the infinity of energy and the lack of consciousness after death.
    I think time may be a quirk but its something. Something 'real' i'd say (whatever it exactly may be). Our reality exists because of time, and just because we figured out everything is essentially build up from everchanging and moving particles doesn't make it nonexistant or illusionary or as some put it some form of hologram. Well, the latter sounds the most right to me. But even if its like that i wouldn't conclude because of it that the whole material world is nonexistant. The way we perceive it is not absolute though, thats certain

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Is time not just the passing and transition of internal - mental - and external events? If complete entropy in the universe were achieved, and there were no movement or physical events, would not time be said to have stood still? Would this not constitute an absolute death, of the physical, mental and otherwise computational? Can time exist without a form of conscious awareness to make sense of it?

1 person likes this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think so. Compare it to the falling tree making noise regardless if someone's around to take notice.
    Turning the question around seems at least as significant: can a conscious awareness exist without time? I think not, because without time we do not have this reality and we would not have emerged/came to be in the first place

4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Just an idea; time is a product of consciousness, because only conscious entities are bound by a beginning and end, book ended by birth and death. In a Universe of infinite and eternal duration, and empty of minds, time has no meaning. Everything arrives at once, in no moment and at all moments. The emergence of conscious minds is the Universe's way of achieving self-awareness. Sentient consciousness is the end of an infinite death, and the birth of time, assuming infinity has extension and eternal duration in both orientations before and after sentient life.

5. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

What is beyond death do you think?

My energy making a stop at the rainbow bridge and becoming one with all my pets that have passed on.