What is an emotional affair?

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Thebestone, May 15, 2007.

1. Thebestone

Thebestone Member

Men, why would you engage in an emotional affair? only have sexual relations with wife, but romantic with another woman?

2. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I was married once before I met and married my wife. During this first marraige I fell for a beautiful, intelligent, sincere, dreadlocked girl. We were just friends, but I found myself enamoured with this woman. I would feel weak at the knees when I saw her and became quite close with her. I was dedicated to the current wife and had no intentions of having a sexual affair, but I unintentionally had become emotionally involved. Why? I don't know. I did not have the maturity at the time to keep my distance to avoid the thing.

I suppose some men try to get what is lacking in their current relathionship somewhere else, but I think sometimes it just happens.

3. Thebestone

Thebestone Member

thanks, twice or three times, he has been close to snogging/kissing and a bit of close contact just in the heat of the moment, but both resisted, was it the same with you?

4. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah, kinda. I remember sitting with our legs touching and feeling like I could barely control myself. You know there is something about that forbidden fruit, too.

5. Kaid

Kaid Member

Did you think he was going to try to fuck you by being mean to you? He has to convince you your "special" first and that his wife just doesn't provide what he "needs". Thats how it works. Why don't people just leave one relationship before starting another? Its because it is all about getting a little extra sex on the side. Don't feel all special like he has some attachment to you he has never found before, its just part of the bullshit. There you have it.

6. ms.curiosity

ms.curiosity Member

I think you should stop it now and distance yourself from this man. How do you think his wife would feel if she found out? Really think about that. Move on from this man and find someone you can actually have.

7. Crystalsatreehugger

Crystalsatreehugger Member

If you were in her position, how would you feel?