what happens when we die...

Discussion in 'The Future' started by crazy_gurl, Jun 7, 2004.

1. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

i was just wondering what everyon'e views were on this subject. do you believe in heaven? do even non-christians believe in heaven? what about reincarnation? do you think we'll be reincarnated into a human to live another, completely different life, or perhaps into an animal? or do you think that nothing happens when we die, do we just lie in the ground or be burned, and does everything just end there?

and also, is this subject really important to you? are you worried? could you not give a damn?

i have to admit, this really is one subject that scares the shit out of me... not knowing what will happen after our last dreaded day on earth... i've kinda started to believe in reincarnation to live a life as a different human being... but maybe that's just what i want to believe so i don't get as scared lol.

2. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I think as long as i don't die at the hands of another ... i am going to be ok with dying ... touch wood i have at least another 50 years ... so i have hopefully have time to get used to the idea...and not piss off too many people so that people will miss me. I plan to give away as much of myself that is usable to any hospital that wants me (AKA i have a donor card).

I am in no way religouse i only talk about it when other people ask my opinions ...i just find the whole concept of religeon rather daft realy . Anyway i just think you break down into neutrons or protons and just make up something else...N.E.R.D .All that 'reincarnation' is far more intresting (to me) than self indulgent fantasies of coming back as part of the food chain .

3. Shakra

Shakra Member

I used to think a lot about death, but now I think about life instead. Death is the common destiny, the one thing we all have to look forward too, and the only inevitable thing in life.

Try not to think too much about death, it is unfathomable. If you are grieving think instead about that persons life, not their death.

4. loverofthewoods

loverofthewoods Member

i think, we create our own reality in death...as we do in life.

i also belive in reicarnation on this level of existence until it is time to make that next step in our spiritual evolution.

5. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

I try not to think about it,

To be honest i don't think i will ever truly know whats in the next life, i mean one can only guess and speculate.

I mean the general speculation is there is a heaven and a hell, but other then that what eles is known.

So to answer your question i don't know, frankly i don't know if we will ever know.

That is unless someone comes back to earth after dying.

6. YogaOfLove

YogaOfLove Member

this has always blown me away...ever since i was little i used to wonder what it would be like to be dead i would think 'what would you feel, but wait you wouldnt feel anything cause you were dead, so what does feeling nothing feel like...ya know endless cycle. would it just be black, but wait you wouldnt be able to see cause your dead, what would that feel like...' and we were never really religious so i never thought about heaven or hell, and dont now....
    i agree with that, dont worry about it until it happens

7. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Fuck it. Its gonna happen and whatever happens happens. There were people before Jesus, there were people before Judism and it just goes back and back and back so I say fuck it I'll take whatever happens. I just want to live now as I see fit

8. zerre

zerre Member

Simply nothing. We were nothing before we born and we will be nothing afterwards. Pure as a baby. Nothing and everything.

We create all this personality and all these faces in this life. I mean this character, this thing we call "I" belongs to this world only. And is manuplated by body chemistry as much as personal experiences, childhood, education vs ... The minute we close our eyes all this suffering will cease .. We will be freed from this human form and see the real "I", I and I, the inner me, god, nothingness or whatever you name it.
    And I believe death is worth celebrating. Fear of death is actually not a real "fear of death" it is the fear of unknown. And is so strong that people can place bombs on themselfes, exploit them and kill many people or fight wars on the other side of the world just to guaranty their places in this unknown. Their hell is today. Their hell is a wasted life, who needs to burn in hell when hell is present here. Yeah it sounds like a cliche but its true. Heaven and hell is right here right now. We are right here right now. Nothing more to think of.
    There is a word "vuslat" it is Arabic or Persian, meaning is "the moment when two people madly in love unites". I think death is "vuslat". The unity of I with I.
    Love ...

9. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

That was beautiful mate

10. -Jesus-

-Jesus- Member

I hate dying.

11. Shakra

Shakra Member

lol.......

12. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

Please don't attack me for this: I honestly believe in Heaven and Hell. I think that when we die, if we have accepted Jesus as our Lord and Saviour and asked for his forgiveness, we will go to Heaven. If not, then we will go to Hell. Please call off your dogs, I know that everyone has their own beliefs. You asked. I answered. (I read this book called "Deadline" and I really like the way that it portrayed death.)

13. Erin

Erin Member

We go home

YEY!!!

And if we learnt our lessons then we can choose what we will be up to next, and what lesions we want to learn. Meet up with all those old souls.

It’s all an education.

But I think if we take our own or someone else’s life then we are going to have to learn the same lesions. but it will be harder because you wont have the support of you're "class mates" or be in a "class room" environment if you know what I mean.

14. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

so sweet_mama... im interested (not attacking you here)... do you believe that you can only go to heaven if you believe in Christ?

15. jendi17

jendi17 Member

I think that whatever you believe happens to you. If you believe in Heaven, reincarnation, Nirvana, whatever you believe...
    There's this one George Harrison song that has a line about this...
    "...If you don't know where you're goin', any road will take you there."

16. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

And what of the people before Jesus? And those who hadn't yet heard his word in his time on earth? Are they simply victims of consequence, frying in a lake of fire?

17. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

maybe before jesus, if you believed in God and lived your life to his teachings, then you went to Heaven...?

18. Tamee

Tamee naked

I don't ever think about what happens when we die. I honestly, don't care.

19. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

What if when we die, we r just gone, no more existence,no more life,the people you know r gone, you are gone, non existent...this is creepin me out.

20. StonyTheStoner

StonyTheStoner Member

Well you won't have to worry about it than... cuase you'll be gone, its not like you'll be floating around in some black barren place,alone, you'll just cease to be, and by the time you realize it, well, you won't realize it. Cause it will have already happened. Thats what I'm basing my life's philospohes around... I'm going to be totally erased one day... So why fret about life, and contributing to the system, just live my life the way I want to live it, and when death comes... it comes, I guess.