What goes through your mind when you see a non-smoker hanging out with a smoker?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone with the Pilot, Mar 9, 2019.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Member

Absolutely.!!!!!!
    Just think of the horrors of:-

Hanging around with someone with a different hair color.

Hanging around with someone an inch taller.

Pensioners hanging around with someone 6 months younger.

Amputees hanging around with someone with the wrong leg missing.

WORST OF ALL.!!!!!!

Guys hanging around with girls......UNFORGIVABLE......!!!!!!

PS.

Don't ever speak to me, unless you own a cat.!!!!!! :yum::yum::yum:

Meliai likes this.
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the thing about all of those things, none of them are going to kill you, the thing about second hand smoke, is that people really do die from it, lots of them.
    i guess that's a seperate question then who anyone hangs out with.
    and really i agree its not anyone's place to second guess anyone else's choice of company,
    that's not my postion to judge that at all,
    just that deaths from cancers from second hand smoke, are a very real and deadly thing.

3. rollingalong

rollingalong probably right Lifetime Supporter HipForums Supporter

wouldn't the rain wash the dirt?.....and why are you there also in the rain?....at that moment in time the only difference to a stranger between the 2 of you is a cigarette....and maybe some rudeness on your part

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Member

Don't take what I posted too seriously. it was just a light hearted reply to "Meliai's earlier comment.

You are absolutely correct in what you say about many smokers showing disregard for others.

5. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I usually try to envision which one is the "female" in the relationship.

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Been Hanging Out At "Gay Bars" Again Have We..???...:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

7. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I thought it was a Judas Priest tribute night...

Asmodean likes this.
  8. storch

storch The compliant

Toward the end of my smoking days, I had moved into a brand new house, and I never smoked inside of it. If it was extremely cold outside I would take a kitchen chair into the bathroom and turn on the exhaust fan and hold the cigarette about four inches from it and blow the smoke into it.

I stopped going to AA meetings after I quit smoking because I found it very difficult to sit in a room with twenty chain smokers. But I guess that goes without saying.

9. neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast Best Member

My parents would roll the car windows down in the dead of winter and smoke cigarettes with all us kids bundled in the back. Once my ex came along for a ride and she was offended by it. It was old news to me. I had grown to love it.

10. neonspectraltoast

Now I'm gonna smoke a cigarette.

11. quark

quark Parts Unknown

My parents hid their smoking habit from me until I was about 13. One day while driving, my Dad turned around and said "You're going to learn one thing about me this weekend, and it's that I smoke." Then he proceeded to bad-assedly light a cigarette.

I cried later that night lol.

Rahab likes this.
  12. neonspectraltoast

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear voice of sexy

mine's "no penis," but your answer makes sense too.

14. Rahab

Rahab Member

I think the non smoker should be tackled immediately! The smokers should be given more cigarettes to smoke. Tell them to”smoke to your hearts delight” then burnout with your car as you leave

15. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Nothing? Nobody told me I was supposed to give a shit. Is this a thing?

16. I gave the topic 10 seconds consideration, then decided I dont care

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when i was little i didn't think it would bother me and i liked the smell too. but that was when there were a lot fewer people entirely and a lot fewer of them inconsiderate.

then when i was in high school my dad started getting sick from it, and the doctor told him he was gonna die if he didn't knock it off. then i saw just how addictive tobacco was.

it made me glad neither me nor my mom ever started. later in my 20s, in the late 70s, i smoked mary jane, but it never addicted me and when it was no longer free, i never missed it. but tobacco i've never smoked and glad i never have.

and now of course the smoke, even when i can't smell or tell where its coming from, it feels like someone is stabbing me in the chest. although that started with the rice hulls in california, but now tobacco smoke affects me that way too.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol

Both my parents quit smoking but this was considered not a possibility ever in my childhood. We also didn't thought anything of it: something kids don't do but is normal for adults to indulge in. As far as i recall it wasn't considered a health risk in my childhood to smoke in a car with kids.

Btw: both my parents insist they never smoked weed. Weird :D I think they're telling the truth though

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear voice of sexy

my dad used to smoke when i was really young. but at one point i told him that he should quit, and he was just like "you're right, i think i will." and as far as i could tell, he did. years later, i realized that he just stopped doing it in front of me, and that his cigarettes were actually joints.

oddly enough, he started smoking actual cigarettes when he was 50. i think he quit that since, but i'm really not sure.

20. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

I smoke a pipe. Have done since my Royal Marine days. Wonderful mind-settler after an 'eventful' patrol.
    I don't try to justify it,I don't give a flying FCKU what anyone thinks.

BREATHING kills you if you do it often enough.

GLENGLEN likes this.