What goes through your mind when you see a non-smoker hanging out with a smoker?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone with the Pilot, Mar 9, 2019.

1. What do you think of people who don't smoke hanging out with smokers? I think they look kind of silly. I distinctly remember when I first formed my opinion about this.

In college there used to be these two guys who smoked. So every now and then you'd see them hanging around outside various building. But sometimes I'd see this other non-smoker I knew hanging around with them as well. I felt like he was letting himself down in a way... not because he was hanging around with them, but because he was hanging around with them when they were smoking. I could also never really view him as one of them. It was something to do with the fact that he would have to go wherever went in order to be with them. Now don't get me wrong, plenty of others would talk to these two smokers - it's just you wouldn't see them hanging out with them when they'd be doing the smoking.

In these situations the smoker will typically be the one leaning against the wall, and the non-smoker standing opposite them having smoke blown in their face. If ever I have a smoker call me over as I pass by, I will only stop for them very briefly before continue walking. It's like as if they feel like dirt out in the rain and just want something to talk with.

I made this mistake before. I was coming back from the car to go into the hotel, and ended up talking to someone amongst a bunch of smokers. I can only imagine what an idiot I looked like with my hands in my pockets. I can still see that idiot in front of me blow smoke.

2. lode

lode One Man Orgy

I judge them almost as harshly as when I see a guy without sunglasses talking to a guy with sunglasses.

3. neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast Best Member

Smokers are jokers.

4. Running Horse

Running Horse His job is to shed light, not to master

& midnight tokers

Driftrue and WOLF ANGEL like this.
  5. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill

= Freedom of choice ✌️

6. Meliai

Meliai Evenstar

Or the people who dont drink sitting with someone having a beer. Ugh, theyre the worst

Parents hanging out with non parents

Dog owners hanging out with non dog owners

Girls who wear make up being friends with girls who don't wear makeup

People should just stick to their own kind

7. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Member

Seems like a really daft thing to be self-concious about!

Who cares?

rollingalong likes this.
  8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think, maybe, you think too much.

9. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

It is not our way to look down on someone for hanging out with smokers..or smokers themselves.

10. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

How do you know the one guy doesn't smoke? Maybe he does but he's also saving up for a vacation so he just hangs out with people who smoke and breathes their smoke for free.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear voice of sexy

could be worse, i've actually seen a man hanging out with a woman before.

Kinky Ramona likes this.
  12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i feel sorry for the non-smoker being more likely to get some kind of cancer from second hand smoke, then the smoker, who may have built up some kind of resistence to it.
    this is tobacco i'm talking about, and the non-smoker is me. though i don't generally hang out with anyone. the closest i've come to doing so, is when i ride the bus,
    or go to a convention once a year. and thankfully all the place i go, including on the bus, are non-smoking. unfortunately, the place where i have to live, isn't.

now if only it were reversed, if only what everyone smoked were 'the erb' and it was tobacco, as it should be, that was the 'controlled substance'.
    i don't know if that would make it better for the second hand smoke cancers, but at least it would be less annoying.

my wife smoked when she was alive, and c.o.p.d. is what killed her. good thing she loved me enough, to go outside or someplace i wouldn't have to breathe it, when she did.

13. Driftrue

Driftrue Pass All Fail All HipForums Supporter

I'm a non-smoker who is dating a smoker. We try to make sure we don't spend too much time together. So that it's not weird.

Mallyboppa likes this.
  14. Mallyboppa

Mallyboppa Nails Mc Fugger

Thats how it works mate !

15. any time i see a smoker I typically wish for them to discover vaping and, eventually, quitting. I don't smoke anymore and I don't miss it.

BlackBillBlake and GLENGLEN like this.
  16. new Athenian

new Athenian Member

I've noticed more and more smokers congregate with each other as their numbers shrink. I'd never date anyone who smokes and hate visiting anyone who smokes always causes me to have to come straight home take a shower and put on fresh clothes even if I just had a shower can't stand tobacco smoke. Ugggg !

17. Driftrue

Driftrue Pass All Fail All HipForums Supporter

Yeah, I'd say I'd not date a smoker too. These things are so easy to say when you aren't falling for someone despite all the things you said you didn't want in a partner : P

18. new Athenian

new Athenian Member

Easy for me to say because the stench of ash tray breath is revolting not to mention the yellowed walls and odor in the house . Uggggg!
    Oh and if ashtray breath doesn't get you wait till you mix alcohol with it that's really special, whewwwwwwwwww !

Did that once , picked up a girl and on our way to theater she said " mind if I smoke " , I said " sure but crack a window ". I was nice that evening but never went back and I don't regret it either. Also shampooed car that next week as well.

My priority is first of all " NO SMOKING " .

19. rollingalong

rollingalong probably right Lifetime Supporter HipForums Supporter

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well mine is no football. lol. but ghaad i wish i could live where no one smoked.
    i visit a nearby community college which is a no smoking campus, and its so wonderful.
    and i'm glad the bus stops and buses are no smoking too.
    but there's always some idiot trying to push it.