What gender different books do you like?

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by Snowdancer, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Member

My list so far has the following:
    She's Not There- [size=-1]Jennifer Finney Boylan What a wonderful book. I really felt I was living her experience. I think that Iit's such a great story that someone woulod like it even if it had nothing to do with transitioning M2F.

Both of these Feinberg works are marvelous I could go on but am getting in need of sleep
    Drag King Dreams - Leslie Fieinberg
    Stone Butch Blues [/size][size=-1]- Leslie Fieinberg

I fully intend to read the rest of hir works.

I'm currently reading Tipping The Velvet by [/size][size=-1]Sarah Waters & loving it.

I think that [/size]Conundrum by Jan Morris[size=-1] is a required reading. I personally had problems with her writing style & perhaps there was some issue with language difference. She is Welsh & used terms that didn't make sense to me. I loved how she shared her feelings & experiences though.
    [/size]

[size=-1]
    [/size]

2. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

here's one for pagans
    [​IMG]
    As pagans we work with gods and goddess's what are the difference, are there any, and if we are looking for a femine energy would we choose to work just with the goddess and vice-versa.
    also what is a male trait, for a start could 'destruction' be classed as male, probably not because how many destructive goddess's are there out there?
    S

3. Lagan

Lagan Member

the well of loneliness - radclyffe hall

fingersmith - sarah waters
    orlando - virginia woolf (check out the film version of this as well if you haven't already)
    rubyfruit jungle - rita mae brown
    the charioteer - mary renault
    my husband betty - helen boyd