What Games Are You Playing Right Now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Terrapin2190, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You will know again soon :p For me, it's still clear but kind a hard to explain. I mean all the things are in there to make it a really good game, but at some point after visiting that settlement in an old baseball stadion I simply lost the fun a bit. I still wanted to know more about places and story and stuff, its not that i lost interest, but couldn't bother having to deal with all the stronger enemies all the time.
    Also likely another game got in between at the time.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i agree that fallout 4 is missing something that i just can't quite put my finger on. on paper it should be great, and i guess it is, but i have more fun playing fallout 3 and new vegas for some reason.

you actually don't have to build towns; that's entirely optional.

seems unlikely, bethesda is pretty famous for not doing that.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I made it out of the Vault. My name is Wolfgang. I pillaged the houses in my town and I'm at Red rocket. I've changed my outfit into a red dress. :p my character is still in shock. :tongueclosed:

I don't like the control they're too... Weird... And edgy and responsive. I just don't know if I'll get into it hey. It's also too clunky, like getting to the map in the arm game boy thing.

4. Asmodean

Is Red rocket that gas station where you meet the dog? I had a lot of fun with it until that point for sure! Didn't mind the map or wrist tool if i recall right.
    Maybe though, there were just too many things to keep track on for the game's own good. You know, things you can't solve immediatly and you have no clue about when you can solve/complete it.

The next part (town with the civil war museum) was also still captivating in my experience

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well, I looked at my old save and I'd onky played for 9hrs last time so I hadn't even cracked the surface lol. I'll have another go when I get home from work in the morning.

I want to enjoy it I do but also the mechanics of the shooting is off, I found Red dead easy to shoot people but this, fuck I can't even hit a cockroach without VATS but then I find I cheat with VATS and every 5 seconds I press it to see if there's anything around me lol.

I also hate the fucken name Dogmeat for the dog. I want to name him properly. :(

He's also loud and if it was my dog he'd be a lot more quiet. :p

6. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

I actually went back last night and loaded up Fallout 4 because of this conversation and ya’ll are out of your minds!

One thing I don't like about it is, unlike other Fallout games, there really are no choices on how to solve certain things. It’s basically
    Talk
    Lie for info or more money
    Fight
    Rinse and repeat for every encounter

This, to me, is what is missing. But I think the gameplay and the lore is all great.

7. lode

lode Banned

Honestly, fallout 4 was just kinda okay. It wasn't New Vegas.

I'm playing Persona 4. Apparently the third best game on the PS4?

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh well if the new guy likes it maybe I'll give it another chance. :p

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the way i remember it, in all the fallout games i pretty much just spam the VATS button nonstop the entire time i'm exploring. i don't really think it's cheating, it's just what the game is.

Irminsul likes this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Also im a walker in games. I don't run around but the sensitivity between walking and running is very close so I need to get used to that.

I've whinged before but the whole 50s/60s style setting is annoying too. The year was 2077 not 1953. And now it's been 200 years later so it's 2277.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I am actually rethinking of starting again and playing as a female character named Jocelyn. It'll be my first female character?

Thoughts?

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well the whole point is that it's based on how the future was portrayed in 50s culture. which, for obvious reasons, was heavily based on 50s style setting. way better than basing it off how the future was portrayed in the 80s and having your character buzzing around on a hoverboard.

i dunno, i guess if you want to do that, this would be the time to do it.

i don't think gender significantly impacts the game, although it will make a small difference here and there.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I get that but like.. Every game?
    Needs some spicing up.

I also wish I could dress my guy in his red dress but it doesn't help when things attack you lol.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Merrr thinking about it at work here I couldn't be fucked starting again as a female. :p Wolfgang it is. :)

15. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

Are you sure about that?

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well, all the games take place in the same world. it would be weird if it was the 50s world of tomorrow in one city and humans are battling skynet in the next city over.

fallout is the one series where i actually prioritize fashion over armor rating. shoot your enemies quick enough and they'll never get a chance to touch your dress anyway.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

for this particular series, i'm pretty close to sure. not that i wouldn't play an action rpg set in doc brown's 2015.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We can't have hover boards but we get Codsworth lol.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

A whole map of twisted steel, needs bobbypin to break into toolbox. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

20. Asmodean

Codsworth is pretty cool imo. Modelled after an english butler/gardener. Hilarious how you first encounter him again after you get out of the vault :-D