What does the Bible say about “Being Too Busy for God?” Is there such a thing?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Xboxoneandsports32490, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Xboxoneandsports32490

Xboxoneandsports32490 Members

Just wondering, Im 31 years old and I think I am really busy all the time? Busier than I was maybe when I was like 21 or 11 years old even!!!! Is that a good thing or a bad thing? What would God or the Holy Bible say about “Not putting God first and being too busy with friends and other hobbies and interests”? Do you believe there is such a thing as being “too busy for God?” We all agree there’s 24 hours in a day? How busy can that be?

2. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Kinda hard to be "too busy for God" when everywhere you look there's evidence of God's blessings.

NookaTheNook likes this.
  3. Desos

Desos Senior Member

well you can certainly still serve God while you are busy. This can happen by simply being kind in your daily interactions, turning the other cheek, and loving your neighbor as yourself -- or even spurring those around you on to love and good deeds. Certainly you can even serve God just by doing a good job, being diligent, and having a high standard in your work.

col 3:23 "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,"

I'm not sure what it is you feel like you should be doing instead of being busy but of course it is important to consider what your priorities are -- whether how you think God wants you to live and what He wants you to do with your life is a top priority -- or if your top priority is something else.

4. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

God is aware that we have responsibility and things we must do takes up much of our time. Still, when doing some mindless chores like washing dishes, vacuuming, etc, why not send up a short prayer, keeping Him always in your heart.
    Ask Him to remind you to do this! It helps.

NookaTheNook likes this.
  5. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

[​IMG]

Ajay0 likes this.