What does it feel like to be on Acid. (And Shrooms)

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by jhg2bad4u, May 11, 2013.

1. jhg2bad4u

jhg2bad4u Guest

I've never tried LSD or Shrooms (not my choice, really want to). I want to know what the "body high" of these to substances feels like. Do you feel really heavy, or light as a feather, etc? You can list some mental effects you've experienced too but I have read plenty on that.

2. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

For the life of me, I can not remember what the high felt like on my 1 and only acid trip. I accidently took what was called back in the day, a 4-way hit of blotter. I had just started driving across country, i didn't listen to the warnings of "Don't trip alone and Thats a 4-way hit, split it up. I didn't make it 10miles down the road before I had to stop and get a room. I smoked a fatty and fell asleep for what seems like 5 mins. When I saw it had been 6 hrs since check in, i was like wtf. I was speeding like hell. I drove 49 hrs straight, ad got in to SC 2 days early. LOL. Shrooms for me was like having a set of jaws controlled by someone else. Uncontrollable smiles and laughter with no sense of time perception. Fun time it was.

3. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

For me, when I'm tripping on mushrooms, I kinda feel like a mushroom. I feel like staying still, lying down, very dim lights. This is for the first two hours, when the eyelid movies are most intense and music is most transformed. After the first two hours, the high seems very much like an LSD high. I get up, look at flowers, start communicating with my partner, sometimes go outside. For me, I don't like to go to concerts on shrooms. I also rarely feel like sex. For concerts, I much prefer LSD.

The next day, I always feel much better if I've taken shrooms. With LSD, I usually need a quiet day of reflection and rest.

4. jhg2bad4u

jhg2bad4u Guest

Are you sure that was acid? It's impossible to sleep on acid. Cool story though.

5. sunfighter

True. Last time I took acid, I couldn't sleep for 30 hours.

6. jhg2bad4u

jhg2bad4u Guest

Thanks. Which is better in your opinion? (Shrooms or LSD)

7. sunfighter

They are both excellent for spiritual discovery. I prefer mushrooms because I have had the most beneficial experiences with it and I feel much better the next day. Another important reason is that I always know how much I've taken, because all cubensis is the same quality unless it's really old, maybe. These days, no one ever seems to know how many micrograms are in a blotter and that seems reckless.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

A while back I wrote this about what I got from the 3 classics, LSD, Mescaline and Mushrooms. A lot of other people added their two cents and you can get an idea from these posts, maybe. But no amount of reading and discussion will convey the absolute awe inspiring change in reality.

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=406125&f=48

and I agree with faelixx, I would prefer a "bad" lsd experience than a "bad" mushroom experience. Shrooms can be merciless and cruel. LOL

9. sunfighter

In light of what Faelixx said, I want to add that I think it is extremely important to consider set and setting before you trip, if you are a newbie. By "set" I mean your set of expectations for what will happen, how anxious you are, etc. By "setting" I mean (a) are you free of responsibilities for the duration of the trip; (b) are you with a trusted, experienced friend who knows you well enough to soothe your fears, to talk you down if you get into a difficult space; (c) are you going to do this is in a safe place, free of having to deal with driving, strangers or the police?

10. jhg2bad4u

jhg2bad4u Guest

Trust me i'm prepared. Just cant get my hand on anything. I know who Leary was. I like Kesey better though. Anyway, I though LSD was the cream of the crop, but you are saying shrooms are better. I guess it's all subjective.

11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LSD is the most potent psychedelic known and as such is the "measure" against which other psychedelics are measured. Before LSD it was mescaline and some very early work on LSD has comparisons of it's effects to those of mescaline, the then reigning king of psychedelics.

The thing to bear in mind is they produce very different subjective effects and beyond general similarities, it is like comparing apples to oranges. Yes they are both psychedelics, but each has it's own unique "personality" if you will.

Which only stands to reason considering they are two completely different chemicals in different psychedelic classifications; lysergamides and tryptamines.

Which is "better" is purely a matter of personal preference. A lot of people prefer mushrooms due to the shorter duration.
    Shrooms are a half day commitment, LSD is a full day+.:sunny:

One other very important thing, especially with LSD-25, is that it is very dose dependent and higher level doses; 250ugs and higher, the effects are VERY different than at 150ugs. Same holds true for all psychedelics, but with LSD it actually behaves differently in the nervous system at higher doses.
    A simple example for those of you experienced is how at low-medium doses you can have a ton of energy, (often leading to the myth about speed adulteration) BUT at higher doses you get hit with serious couch-lock and uncoordinated muscular movements and pretty much being physical mush for a while.

12. sunfighter

Yes, and the fact that these days it seems no one can tell you how many micrograms are in a blotter, it makes LSD riskier -- you might get, say, 4 times higher dose than you wanted. It's happened to me. Many times your only "measurement" is asking someone else how much they took.

13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Regarding body trips...

Mushrooms produce a more prominent body trip. There is a heavier, more pronounced feeling that sometimes feels like a slightly upset stomach from 'food poisoning.' During the trip, there are often sensations of fusing with objects, odd perceptions of your skin/touch, and sometimes the spatial distortions of perceiving parts of your body as smaller or larger can be accompanied with physical sensations. Mushrooms can provide a very organic euphoria as well, a very natural and primal feeling.

LSD's physical effects are often more airy. The body trip is less prominent with LSD, I get an impression that the mental imagery can effect the body trip more. The most notable body trip effects are waves of energy (often quite euphoric) which can course throughout the body, often fairly quick during peak and slow as the trip plateaus. There is altered perception of touch as well, I often find myself more captivated with touch on acid as opposed to how weird it often feels with shrooms. There can be a somewhat chemical rigidness to LSD, which may manifest in muscle tension and body temperature fluctuations.

14. jhg2bad4u

jhg2bad4u Guest

Seems like both are worth trying and have uses on their own. Very weird how people use the word organic to describe a trip. I think that just comes from the fact that you know you ate mushrooms as opposed to a clear chemical (LSD).

15. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

It's far more than that; there is the overwhelming sensation that what you are experiencing is, in every way that truly matters, more "real" and "natural" than your sober life.

Also I know of one person who took 1 hit of pretty decent LSD and went straight to bed. Described very vivid dreams but he was pretty refreshed the next day so there was some comingling of the sleep state and the lsd experience. I found it odd and it's only an n of 1 but it's interesting.

My gf has fallen asleep during the first 2 hours of 2c-b as well so this is not impossible.

16. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

For me it's nearly as hard to describe what is meant by body load as it is the spiritual trip itself. Multiply the differences between chemicals with the differences between individuals and you've got infinite descriptions as well.

Shrooms for me can vary widely from mild bodily tension thats even pleasant, to all sorts of jittery/crampy/electric-y types of sensations. Out of the handful of things I've experimented with the bodily feel of LSD is the best.

But then again for me every aspect of LSD is the best.

I like everything you and others posted, especially putting forth the importance of set and setting. There is a school of thought though that the part of the sitter is to interact as little as possible with the trippee, that "talking down" harsh trips will generally make things worse except in rare cases with people that have studied and practiced psychedelic crisis support.
    It's not like riding a bicycle.
    But there's a lot of material to read out there, a fave of mine being http://www.luminist.org/archives/session.htm
    Just google stuff like set/setting and psychedelic crisis. Theres so much more info out there than when Nox was a yung'in :D
    I just read this...
    http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/faqs/psychedelic_crisis_faq.shtml\
    Welcome to Hip my friend :)
    Exactly. Add to that the whole 'fake acid/nbome' scene + the common knowledge that an average level LSD trip these days takes several hits to equal 1, 2, 300 ug so people get nbome passed off on them, take 4 hits of 25i and have a truly real psychedelic/physical crisis, and more than ever we have to help educate our friends as much as possible.
    Another great thing about LSD is that if its LSD, you pretty much can't harm yourself physically if you "accidently" down too much of it whereas the mistake with nbomes could mean death.

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:confused:
    Not sure I get what you mean by that, unless of course you mean that I was one of the brave frontiersmen who gobbled LSD with little or no information about it..:coolgleamA:
    naw, I'm not that old.
    and may I remind you that you are not far behind me....:wheelchair:

18. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Ha! Ya, and? :)
    It was mostly just funnin around at your expense. However if we're close in age, I don't know about you and the area but for me, in the 60's/70's, coming of age... unbiased, factual information about drugs, ANY drugs, was very hard to come by.
    Remember the Marlboro commercials with John Wayne?
    It was also the time of spilled oj stories, everyone knew this "one kid" that thought he could fly. Somehow (like nearly everyone, right?) I realized that weed wasn't gonna "make my feet fall off" and LSD wasn't going to make me spill like OJ.
    I don't recall ever seeing accurate info on drugs AT ALL until way into adulthood. About tobacco, alcohol, weed, heroin... none of it. But that's just me and my environment growing up in so cal. But I was fortunate that even though that first trip was a leap of faith, dropping that tab, the dude that tripped me DID have a basic idea about set/setting and the general philosophy of tripping with intent. A lot of my peers didn't have that. And maybe it's not much of a reflection on me in my teenage years that I never deliberately set out to 'find out the truth about drugs', good info was no doubt around somewhere, just not were it was presented to me.
    Certainly not at public school, or my parents or any other authority figure.

As far as your wheelchair smilie... i do think you have a head start on me old man, I'm just barely working up to a cane. :sifone:

19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Yeah, I didn't really delve into the science of psychedelics or drugs in general, except pot, until that fateful day around '77-'78 when I smoked some angel dust and was VERY high for 3 days. After that I started to be more cautious and interested in the who, what, where and why concerning the substances I put into my body.

But there was a good bit of info out there by the mid 70's, you just had to dig for it. By the time I started at college in '79 I was able to find lots of good accurate info via the college library system, even if no new research had been done in over a decade. I even recall doing some kind of report LSD for a psychology class, damned if I can remember the gist of it though. Had to do with rats and experimental psychology and crap.

Where at in So Cal. did you live in back then? Hell we could be old friends for all we know.

and I'm only about 15 months older than you :p

20. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

I recall going to a school library in jr HigH, and a public one after I first started smoking. The school library was entirely "DARE" type bs, but, the even hokey-er stuff from the 60s, outdated even in time let alone disinformation.
    But also remember... I mentioned My Problem Child to a young cat recently and he said, "ya see you guys had that in the sixties". To which I had to remind him it is copyright 1980. And as I understand it, a big part of why Hoffman wrote it, to set the record straight. He was a swiss scientist yet it's written in plain language most anyone can understand.
    That, at least for me, is why I take it as gospel over the old hippy dude that says "back in my day... "

Not that I'm not one of those same old hippy dudes (well sorta hippy)

Dust was way popular in my area then. I grew up in N/E LA, it was very mixed, white and mexican mostly and a very diverse area and not a bad place to live at all, but the gang community that had been there since the 40's was heavy into the PCP and cocaine market. Any of that kinda gang bullshit back then was just turf arguments based on drug selling. It wasn't till the 80's and the crack epidemic that it turned into drive bys, innocent bystanders, etc.

Ya, and I know the real stuff was out there but thats a good point. At a college or other more scholorly place, not in institutions that are trying like mad to brainwash the children today, for a better tomorrow :2thumbsup:
    Had I been smarter I would have looked more places but, well, there was weed to smoke...
    I didn't step foot on a college campus as a student until 1981 and by then, I had already dropped a half dozen times or so. Direct experience kinda tends to answer every question you might have!

Ive lived in N/E LA, Hollywood, Paramount (in the 80's during the crack epidemic, right next door to Compton, ya no shit haha) and i've been in the north county area now for almost 20 years. I first got the house im in the 90s but i've only lived here now since 08 when I gutted it and started putting it back together.

I knew it was close, but, 15 mo is 15 mo, bro.

What do you think about AARP? Save my money? (that's both another bad joke and a serious question) haar de har.

:love: