What do you think of Skins?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by spirit of the night, Jan 24, 2009.

1. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

I think its bloody annoying and self indulgent.

What do you think of it though?

Is the new series any good with its new cast?

2. chemigals

chemigals They call me Chemi

Its so over hyped and over rated.
    I had a look at it yesterday and it was poo.
    Its just so unreal.

3. spirit of the night

argh exactly, we are told that because we are teenagers we will love it, and that is just showing what british teens are like... Bullshit.

glad im not the only one who can see that its crap.

good series's get one maybe a second series if lucky, but this is in its third.

no justice!

4. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Pile of bagwank.

All I have to say on the subject :D

5. opel diamond

opel diamond burn out

i saw the first of the new series....

not impressed.

but joe dempsie who played chris.....he was hot.

6. lithium

lithium frogboy

I've never seen it[​IMG]

7. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

I think skins are good for getting baked.

8. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

Me neither. Saw the ads when it first came out and it didnt appeal so I never bothered. Might check it out when Im next really bored

9. Hippie_Girl

Hippie_Girl Innit!

Saw the first 2 series not seen any of the new one. I like it though!

10. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

THE first series was tolerable. Just.
    Second continued the story.. although can't say much for the episodes towards the end of the series.
    So, I already got the idea from the adverts that we're in for a new cast and storyline.. great, more star struck teenagers painting a stereotype in unreal situations and conditions. Well, I suppose that's nothing new in the World of television. Take everything with a pinch of salt - and lord, help those who take what they see literally.
    I didn't watch the first episode when it was aired; in fact, it was purely by chance I saw it at all. If I didn't have an electronic program guide, accessible from the effortless press of a button - I probably wouldn't be typing this now. So, scheduled to begin in a couple of minutes. Nice one, convenience. Love it. Might as well give it a go; why not?!
    Within the first 10 minutes I could see major flaws. A couple of less noticeable characters (although it's good to see Harry Enfield still on form) from the first series and a whole new casting. Stupid bloody storylines, occassionally humerous but on the whole it was very predictable and pretty f**kin' boring!!!
    I liked the originals; the first two series bore the same characters and developing plot; which showed good plotting and production. Characters you got to know with time; and when Sidney took the acid; shiiiit that was a VERY well made episode.
    But now, series 3 has broke off completely from the original chain. To be fair, I could see it in the end of series 2 with the death of Chris and Cassie moving to America; to be persued by Sid. I thought then; 'high up, what's going on here?'. It's almost as if the original crew got struck with apathy towards the end of the 2nd/(at least) beginning of the 3rd series; or maybe changed the b.t.s. line-up altogether. It looks samey, trendy, typical, unabsorbing and unoriginal.
    I don't get people that stay continue to watch these kinds of programs when they could actually be getting out there and doing it; making their own experiences.. if you know what I mean.
    However; one thing I CAN say for it; my mother enjoyed the 2nd series and seems to love the 3rd too!

On another note of relevance; good to see 'Shameless' is still on form - caught a repeat of the first episode last night. Good watch!

11. lithium

lithium frogboy

Well I saw my first ever one last night, thought it was quite funny. A bit silly, but it wasn't trying to be realistic. Yeah, why not.

12. opel diamond

opel diamond burn out

shameless rox. i session the dvds. :D

13. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

yer but this thread's chattin' skins, not shameless :p

14. spirit of the night

Shameless on the other hand! I LOVE it, utter brilliance.

15. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

I LOVED series 1 and 2 and still watch them but so far I am rather unimpressed with series 3. Not that I can stop watching it :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I'm not sposed to be here...

16. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

Well I saw another of the adverts today and it just kind of looked like an even worse version of Hollyoaks, if thats even possible. Silly kids in a load of unnecessary drama:confused: Ill reserve further judgement until I catch one of em, havent done so far though. Whens it on?

17. lithium

lithium frogboy

It has more of a sense of humour than Hollyoaks...
    Hollyoaks is all:willy_nilly:
    Whereas Skins is all:rolleyes:

Get me bruv?

18. nldn

nldn Senior Member

Skins tries to be realistic but is restricted by the cast actually being under 18. First series seemed good, then lost its way a bit.

19. opel diamond

opel diamond burn out

i watched some more series 3 the other day coz i was bored. it's not THAT bad i guess, some of the sound track is quite pretty.

20. sd52bad

sd52bad Member

First 2 series were good and the 3rd is just about watchable