What do you think of Australians?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Lying in a field, May 24, 2006.

1. From what i've heard everyone loves us, and we always manage to find jobs and pick up chicks overseas. Is this true.

Its kind of the same here with canadians but we hate Americans.

I suppose americans hate everyone and love themselves, thats how the world goes round.

Anyway, I gauge Australians for the most part are generally stupid and slightly illiterate, but easygoing.

2. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I think you guys talk weird.

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

If Kentucky were a giant beach.

Has a few nice cities and way too many poisonous things. Kinda like a benign British tumor.

4. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

*shrugs* you're people

and I know of one outrageously hot Australian who's fun to flirt with, but she's from another forum

5. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I think rather clueless about world events, once again "Brad," we saw the movie "the Pianist" and afterwards he said "what are jews and what do they do anyway?" :D

I've met some cool ones, very beachy and not intellectual, but funny

I guess everyone has a beach there so it makes sense, i wouldn't have gone to school either, if it wasn't icy and freezing outside

6. Yeah, you hit it right on the nose. We're not really people for thinking or using big words. Of course there are many exceptions to the rule and we think the same about you guys.

But yeah, we're people and i don't care too much.

Was just interested seeing as we're all in a whole "who's better" mood.

I think i might have offended WHC by bitching about canadian beer,

7. DancerAnnie

If people take this site seriously, more reason to berade them with comments like that :)

8. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

i like the accent
    and i think its cool that you're all the product of criminals too bad for britan
    and that says a lot

9. Wow, that slightly turned me on.

*giggles with pride*

10. indian~summer

alright :D

11. DancerAnnie

New Zealanders are much nicer ;)

12. They have a tranny for a prime minister.

Talk about liberalism :)

13. DancerAnnie

In all honesty, joking aside. I visited both Australia and New Zealand on the same excursion and enjoyed the people of New Zealand much better. I felt Australia was extremely Americanized and the people weren't as nice as New Zealanders. Australia...particularly the Eastern coast...reminded me too much of the US for me to enjoy the people. I guess I need to spend sometime with the country folk in Oz before I judge, though.

14. seamonster66

I always got the impression that NZ'ers were snobbier and thought they lived in heaven, thats always annoying to me...never met one in real life though

15. DancerAnnie

I love NZ'ers...they're really earthy people. They're my kind of people :)

16. indian~summer

i dont know about New Zealanders but what i do know is i have met/seen alot of smoking aussies

17. No really, I am very inclined to agree with you. I hate this country for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. I have friends that spent their whole month in NZ camped at bus stops or public parks. In Adelaide you get arrested for that stuff.

We are just a big american clone in a lot of ways, but it also depends where you go? You probably went to sydney which is a big hole. Perth, Adelaide or the country towns are much nicer. And this is my home, so I have a love for all the familiar things that have been with me in my fairly good life.

What else can i say......mediterranean climate people ;)

18. pink floyd

pink floyd carousing&ransacking

I would love to live in either, and would take it over America in a second. Although I heard it is hard to get citizenship in NZ. . .

19. DancerAnnie

It is. I've checked into it. Apparently you have to have a job to stay there for over three months...and then once you get a job, you have to live there for 5 years before you can have citizenship...showing that your job is important to the country.

Or you can marry a NZ'er...Maybe I should look into that instead LOL

20. seamonster66

I'm headed in the opposite direction eventually...but we do have the "Brad" and his wife to stay with in perth, if we can ever pay the money to go down there