What do you see, when you smoke DMT?

Discussion in 'DMT' started by peacegrow, Aug 2, 2007.

1. peacegrow

peacegrow Member

I personally don't see elves or feel like I'm in a different land exactly...but sort of, so I was curious what others saw.

There's a pretty big variation, but generally I initially see patterns like looking closely at a old color tv during the first hit where I can still make everything out, but each "pixel" is a pattern of colors. After the second or third hit, before full effect, I see trails...especially noticable in the last little bit of smoke coming out the end of the bong and the circle on the bong.

Then as things progress, I if I look at a carpet or something with a pattern (oriental rugs are great), it starts to move into shapes and I sometimes see buddas and little villages.

I often start to realize different parts of my mind communicating back and forth as if it's different people. Like I try to reassure myself, then I think, "that's just me reassuring myself, why does it seem like a different person." It's almost as if I realize that I'm always having conversations with myself in my head to make decisions, but I'm not usually aware of it. At least once, as I tried to take one more hit I thought...."it's kind of cruel that this person is forcing me to keep smoking"...or if I don't get a good hit I think, "he's probably trying not to get a good hit because he's scared."

The next progression, if I keep my eyes open, seems to be bright animated 'electrical' currents moving through distorted objects in the room. Sometimes the objects sort of dance or flip around. I once did it in front of a mirror and my body turned to roots and trees that grew from the ground like a tree person before I closed my eyes. Sometimes the room seems vast and never ending, like the objects are much bigger and farther away than they are on a planetary terrain.

Sometimes things start to shake a little...shifting quickly from one position to another. This, I sometimes don't like. It's usually at that point that I have to close my eyes.

Even without the shaking, I usually have to close my eyes (sometimes they start watering a lot because I think I stop blinking).

With my eyes closed I ofter see three dimentional cartoon like geometric patters, but often with rounded edges. Like a space where there's one cartoon area I'm looking at, but there's more beyond in my peripheral vision. Sometimes it's maze like. Sometimes it reminds me of art made of colored thin metal (like a tin can) but contantly changing, shifting, and bending to reveal different things...like maybe a little metal carousel spinning around. Sometimes I'm zooming through this space very quickly and overwelmingly, other times it's more slow and easier to see things before they change.

There's often a sense of bright sunlight in this cartoon space. I admit that sometimes if I look closely at parts of it, it seems like it's made up of little cartoon people all combined to make the shapes....but not really elves.

But, I never really feel like I'm actually in another land or that the people are real, just that I'm watching something that I'm somewhat in control of. Sometimes it's almost like the opposite of ego loss...I'm so aware of myself being there and watching everything.

2. sublime94

sublime94 Banned

dude thats crazy. I wanna try it, but im gonna wait, cuz im only 13.

3. PhilosopherStoned18

PhilosopherStoned18 Member

an experience i can't wait to have. i'm sure DMT will find me when the time is right, but damn i wish that time was right now.

4. uplink

uplink Member

Man, my experiences are so different... but there are definitely parts that are similiar.

I always feel like my mind is just being littered with random thoughts from everywhere in my mind, and it's constantly happening and rapidly changing. The visuals are always very different, but DMT usually messes around with light (the visuals are more intense in the daylight than at night). I remember looking down when peeing and seeing that I had a really hairy monkey arm. Another time, I remember laying on my floor, with my eyesite level with the ground, and all of a sudden the floor sort of stood up (it took up the same space in my visual field, but now it looked like it was standing straight up not level with my vision). Then the random lines/blotches in the rug morphed into a bunch of faces that looked like some sort of escher tesselation pattern. Oh, it was awesome.

your post was a good read.

5. mixmaster1314

mixmaster1314 Member

man that sounds like a crazy experience...

6. praying4peace

praying4peace Member

i reeealy cant wait to try it.
    it sound amazing...
    peace

7. nofx1422

nofx1422 Member

^^ Its different everytime I smoke it...yet the same. More later once Ive had some sleep :)

8. pukinbukin

pukinbukin Member

if your all so anxious to do it, why dont you just extract some DMT yourself and do it whenever you want to? it cant be that hard. i know im gonna do alot of extractin experiments when i get home in a few months

9. EMAT101

EMAT101 Member

this shit sounds crazy

10. peacegrow

peacegrow Member

Well...interesting replies. (I was expecting more experiences.)

I kind of had the sense that most people on here have not tried DMT, but were interested in learning about it. That's nothing to be ashamed of...I think that you should all wait until you are totally ready and definitely until you are 18 or even 21. You should also wait until you know your source very well and are sure you are getting what you think you are. Read up on www.erowid.org. If your mind is still developing and your body is still growing, you could damage yourself...and you'll be sorry later.

It is very intense and can be very hard to deal with the experience. I had one experience that definitely wasn't fun. There's a lot more to it that can't be put into words.

Make sure you have the time and space (your own place) and proper safeguards before you try an extract, and definitely don't try an extract from someone you don't know. It may contain lye, solvents, etc. which would be bad to smoke. I get mine from a relative and close friend who is very smart and capable of these things..and very safety conscious. She went to college for Chemistry and I'd trust her with my life. (I don't try extracting myself because I live in an apartment and don't want any fumes hurting anyone, and I'm not smart enough.)

Take your time. Hopefully you have a long life ahead of you where you can decide with better perspective whether to take this and other drugs or not.

I read about DMT over 15 years before I first tried it in Electric Coolaid Acid Test, and never thought I'd try it until I was older and the opportunity came.

I am most confused about the reply about peeing with a monkey arm. The affects are so strong and short lasting that there's no way that you'd be able to get up and pee (or want to) with a full dose of smoked DMT. In fact the one bad experience I had was when the phone rang while I was coming up and I felt as if I had to come to and answer it, but could not get back to reality at all or get up off the floor. I don't want to make any judgement, perhaps you are talking about oral with MOAI. If you are talking about smoking, I'd have to say be sure to check your sources and that these forums only work if you are honest about what you do and your experiences.

Have fun reading and wait....many more people put experiences on erowid.org, and there's a lot of great information on there that will help you decide and entertain you...not just about DMT, but everything you could possibly think of.

11. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

I've never seen elves or anything, but I have seen some fucked up shit.

My first time, I drove about 2 hours to pick up some acid for a friend. My acid guy happened to have some DMT, too. Since we've been friends for many years and we both have respect for and experience with psychedelics, he offered me a try with it. I agreed.

I sat down on his couch and he loaded a bowl for me. The first one was just a taste, maybe 10 mg, just to know how harsh and foul-tasting it was. I hit it and it didn't do much, but prepared me for the physical experience of it. He loads me a good bowl. I'm not sure how much it was, as we eyeballed it (I've actually never weighed my doses), but from reading others' trip reports, it was probably 40-50 mg.

I knew, as much as I could at the time, what I was in for. I was prepared for it not to be particularly enjoyable. I took a few deep breaths and meditated for a few mintues to relax myself while he put on some soft, rhythmic music. It was something by Tool, but I'm still not sure what song. Set the perfect mood.

I brought the pipe to my lips and started to hit it. It was much harsher than the small hit, but not horribly bad. I took in as much as I could and held it for about 20 seconds. When I exhaled, I began to feel my head lift and my body vibrate. Immediately after I exhaled, I took another and held it. This one was much easier to inhale. DMT kind of numbs your throat, but not really. When I exhaled that time, the visuals started, and I thought to myself "That should be enough," but I remembered the old saying "If you can say you've had enough, you haven't had enough" so I hit it again with much difficulty. Now my motor skill was decreasing and it was very hard to hold the pipe up to my mouth. I don't remember exhaling the last hit or setting the pipe down. The video we made (at my request) shows him taking the pipe from me.

When the visuals first started, on the second toke, I remember looking at the smoke and it just being fractals. Very complex, colorful fractals. It was quickly rushing up on me and I kept repeating in my head "You're on drugs, you're ok. You're on drugs, you're ok." On the third toke, the pipe was almost unrecognizable, and I'd assume the entire room was the same, but I focused as hard as I could on the pipe to make sure I hit it right. I looked around after I had finished hitting it and the entire room was COVERED in highly complex fractals of all colors, but mostly green, gold and red. He had a rug on the floor with zig-zag patterns on it, which rose off the floor and spun in the air (the pattern, not the entire rug rose.) At this point, I heard my friend say "What do you see when you close your eyes?" and so I did. What I saw was some kind of 3-d, neon blue being opening his arms and kind of hugging something. It was only outlines, and looked like 5 blue neon ropes put together sort of like a snowman. I can't remember what happened with my eyes closed after this.

I "woke up" with my eyes already opened again, looking at my friend. His face was green and he had 6 eyes on each side of his head which were melting down his shoulders. He had a huge smile on his face, knowing what I was going through. It was at this point that I realized that I was human once again and that I had taken DMT. I looked at him and asked, "Did I go out?" He said I just kind of stared off into space for a few minutes motionless and let go of the couch I was gripping so hard before I closed my eyes. I told him that I couldn't remember what had happened while I was out and that I was disappointed because of that fact.

Watching the video later, I found out that I barely hit it the last time, and yes, he took the pipe from me. At no point did he ask what I saw with my eyes closed, instead he watched and smiled. The experience was surprisingly enjoyable. There was only an instant where I started to think "What did I just do?" before there was no me to be worried anymore.

I have since tried DMT about 10 times or so, with 1 more breakthrough experience. I'm now very interested in smoking a high dose of DMT on the peak of a strong mushroom trip.

12. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

No It will never find you it dosent have legs or eyes.

13. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

It's got a soul, though!

Wait, no, a soul can't carry you. Yeah, just do the extraction. It's not hard, just follow directions and don't smoke near solvents.

14. Jack vs. Explosion

Jack vs. Explosion Member

...I seriously have never heard anyone that light creates more intensity than darkness...

Best trip ever? Complete isolation, complete darkness.

15. ZeeK

ZeeK Member

If infact DMT induces you into a cartoon like world, then yes it can be compared to Salvia in that sense as that is what I experience when I'm on salvia. My friends and I reffer to it as Salvia land and we don't say who wants to take a hit with me, we say who wants to go in with me lol. I've experimented quite a bit with salvia and have tripped for hours by resmoking it constantly and using the quid method. After a while your able to get used to the rollercoaster like feeling and really explore the drug in a more controlled and comfortable manner. Right now I am experimenting with LSA but will soon be trying DMT or LSD afterwards, whichever comes across my path first I guess :)

16. airyckq

airyckq Member

Hi there. Just found this place, seems pretty cool. :)

Anyway, on Christmas Eve of 2004 I got a chance to smoke DMT for the first time. My brothers friend gave us enough for two people. If I remember correctly the DMT itself looked like pink crystals or something like that, and smelt like new shoes. It was the first time he had tried extracting the stuff, so it probably wasn't as pure as it could be.

We had a couple beers first to chill out some. Then I took two hits out of my bros. bong, and had a pretty cool experience. The first thing I noticed when it began to take hold, was that my whole field of vision began to vibrate or something very quickly. I only saw this for a few seconds before I laid back and closed my eyes. Then, all of the sudden, this huge green grid exploded above me and stretched out seemingly infinitely in every direction. I laid there amazed, staring up at it (we had some Robert Fripp playing and the music went along great). I noticed that the giant grid seemed to be alive, and that it was also strewn with what looked like multi-colored Christmas lights. Everything glittered and I was just in absolute awe. Then, after a few minutes I think (I didn't have much concept of time), the grid swirled and morphed into the funniest looking God-face you could ever imagine. It was a huge smiling face staring right at me, and I was filled with the most immense feelings of beauty and love and joy I have ever felt in my life. It was purely amazing. I don't know how long I went eye to eye with this face and felt the love, but eventually I opened my eyes, and my brothers ceiling and walls seemed to covered in these, what I can only say were heighroglyphic figures that were rushing by at a thousand miles an hour. Soon everything faded and I was back to normality. It was pretty amazing.

A few months later I was reading this book Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson, and in the introduction by Israel Regardie he mentioned something about a Hindu philosophy that states something like all reality is formed by a giant net or grid, with intersecting lines of time and space. At the intersection of each point is a twinkling light that represents each individual soul, and that these points all reflect every other point in a state of infinite interconnectedness. He called it Indra's Net, and for some reason I felt that that was what I actually saw when I smoked DMT.

I've haven't gotten to smoke DMT again since then, but I have smoked 5-MeO-DMT a bunch of times and felt similar feelings, but never had any visuals with it. A few times 5-MeO-DMT has made me feel like I died and passed into a realm where I have no concept of time whatsoever, and while that is pretty goddamn f-ing frightening while you are experiencing it, there is nothing more joyful and exhilirating than coming back to life once you think you've died.

I love hearing about other peoples DMT experiences. :)

17. sitareric

sitareric Banned

It was wierd when i smoked it for the first time, It was like a wave crashing over me, and i knew the feeling as it swept over me, it was almost like thinking to myself "hmm im here again" and i told everbody that i had done it with them before. and i started freakin out, almost like a panicing paranoia and i couldnt think straight at all, and i was fucking scared.. lol, but its was all in good fun.. I always acquire some insight from psycedelics

18. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

shit bends and twists like crazy and patterns are everywere I always feel as if im in some strange futuristic aztek world.

19. kittymaster

kittymaster Member

im only 13 too, but im not gnna wait, and i already got a hookup

20. nofx1422

nofx1422 Member

13 is too young to be doing drugs full stop IMO, I started smoking pot around that age, which quickly progressed to other things. I wish I had given it a few more years