what do you guys/gals think: Scorned lovers glue man's penis to leg

Discussion in 'Feel Good Feminism' started by clegg, Aug 6, 2009.

1. clegg

clegg Member

I'm sure most of you have heard about this story:

Here it is:

I was listening to a radio talkshow, and I was surprised at the responses. Almost every woman that called found the story funny, and said he deserved what he got ( and they would have done more)...

There's no denying that the guy is a piece of shit. He got money from those women, cheated on his wife, etc. but let's reverse this a bit. What would have happened if this was a woman, and she slept with 3 men behind her husband's back, and convinced the men into giving her money.. What kind of reaction would there be if the 4 men got together in a hotel room, tied her up, and glued one of her private parts together? There would be a public outcry, and those men would get years in prison with no objection. Besides that, the public would see the woman as a victim, (probably even for her reasons behind cheating on her husband)

So my question is, do you think what these women did was acceptable, and had the roles been reversed, would you defend men for doing the same thing?

2. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

It's clearly fucked. No one has the right to physically violate someone like that. Whatever society may think, and no matter how much of an asshole he is for doing it, he does have the right to fuck around with other women if he wants to. His wife has the right to leave him if she doesn't like it, and probably should. That doesn't give her the right to assault the guy.

3. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

No, it's not right. Regardless of the situation, he is a human being. Anyone who can do something like that is at least a little disturbed.

4. mystik_lilac

mystik_lilac Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

It's completely unacceptable. For either sex to do something that horrific to another human being. Don't get me wrong, I've been a woman scorned before, and had many revenge thoughts in my head. But then I reflected, and remembered the saying...

"What other people do to you is their Karma, How you react is yours."

I think there is a misunderstanding at times when people view feminism. They assume we are all man haters. That just isn't so. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some feminists that are. However, it is not the general feelings of the whole feminist community.

OP you bring up a good point. There is an over sensitive hype in the media on women being the victims. Unfortunately you are correct. If this had been done to a woman, the outcome would have been much different. But victimizing women should be a whole other thread. The fact here is this man was treated horribly. The women involved should be treated the same as if it were a man that had done something of this nature to them.

5. mmg

mmg fish out of water

i lol'd

this guy is a punk.

6. Kalcupesuluaca

Kalcupesuluaca Banned

I don't really care to read about that, I would think that either that guy or other guy's did something to deserve that.......but ya girls are not good about revenge. Probably to many chromosomes, it's an abusive power that woman use.

7. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

reminds me of the whole bobbit fiasco, and how i observed the concensus of women feeling like they had just scored some kind of point.

8. mystik_lilac

mystik_lilac Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Weren't you like 7 when that happened? :confused:

9. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

totally inappropriate, not funny, and i feel embarrassed for all the people involved. why do people do things like this?

10. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

Wow.

11. thehippie_08

thehippie_08 that girl

when i first heard this story, i'll admit it, i was laughing my ass off.
    every now and then it makes me giggle, but yeah, it is uncalled for.

...at least they didn't chop it off. =/
    .....just saying....it could always be worse. =/

12. sophieclair

sophieclair Senior Member

I have to agree that my response was the same. Its not right though. I think its easier to remove krazyglue and atleast it wasn't superglue or something crazy like that(no pun intended).

13. TomDijon

TomDijon Member

They're totally right though. If that story was about a woman, would you have laughed?

"...at least they didn't chop it off. =/
    .....just saying....it could always be worse. =/"

that's kind of a fucked up thing to say... would you tell a rape victim, hey, at least they didn't cut off your tits... just saying... it could always be worse...

14. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i don't feel bad for him. it was stupid to do because duh, you'll get arrested.
    was it "okay" or "right"? nah.... but i don't look down on the women for doing it.... and while i won't say he was asking for it obviously, he couldn't have been terribly surprised that his wife would be pissed if she found out. life's full of risks.
    so in conclusion, hurting other people is bad, mmmkay?

15. Rb1

Rb1 Member

Oh but then there was the woman who drugged her husband and cut of his penis because they had a fight about who could come and visit them.
    I'm thinking that some women attack men's sex organs because they dont have them so they don't consider them real body parts.

16. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

women don't have sex organs? do you even know human anatomy? women are the only ones who have a sex organ solely for pleasure, whereas men pee out of theirs and only we can control it!