What do you do when you’re feeling discouraged?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Deidre, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hopeful way of looking at it.

2. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

That's an interesting point, though. How do we know for sure, that we are pursuing what we should be? I'm happy in my life, and my choices so far, good and bad, have led me to some amazing people, and situations. So, there's that, too. Maybe part of life, is just being in the moments, and not worrying so much about the final destination.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

You absolutely don't know, ever. That's part of what makes life so interesting, nothing is ever black and white, so you just have to give everything your best guess and see what happens.

Deidre likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

We shouldn't be anything fixed. Nothing is written in stone. Do good (can be little things) and good things will come to you. This is also the best way to become a person of value in my (and many others :) ) experience.
    Living in the moment is often said but not as often succesfully (uh oh, that word again!? ;)) done. But its really worth figuring out how to do it. An example: sometimes living in the moment really means chilling in your undies most of the day. But it definitely doesn't mean one should do it most days :p ;)

Deidre likes this.
  5. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If you like inspiration, have you ever listened to The Steve Harvey Morning Show on the radio? He starts out with a great morning inspiration and advice, and closes the show with one as well. Very down to earth to listen to. The rest of the show during the 4 hour period is very entertaining as well. Helps me out.

Deidre likes this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

Except the ten commandments. And also for some reason "call me Al." That's carved into the breakwall at the beach I usually swim at. I know it's a reference to a Paul Simon song, but I just can't figure out why someone would take the time to carve it into stone.

YouFreeMe likes this.
  7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Typically, working out (which for me means cardiovascular activity) helps. After about 20 minutes with a heart rate at 130 to 140 bpm I feel different about everything. It's remarkable.