What do original hippies think of younger ones?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 8, 2004.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

are the younguns not credible? not a strong in beliefs? or carrying on the torch? fuck that, carrying on the joint?lol

2. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

As it has always been, it depends on the individual, not the grouping.

Somes do, somes don't. But who am I to render judgement?:confused:

3. FugitiveKind

FugitiveKind Member

There's all different kinds of hippie. Country communal, city communal, city individual, wannabe. The one thing that I remember that hopefully hasn't changed ....... do your own thing. Hi We All Shine On, I'm also Canadian (and Ontarian and Torontonian)

4. Cryptoman

Cryptoman Member

One of the things that makes a hippie a hippie is their commitment to peace, love, freedom, and the openminded attitude that allows others to be....and I agree, age doesn't have anything to do with it.

Peace and Love

Ron

5. LotusIndia

LotusIndia Member

Both luvndrumn and Cryptoman have summed up how I feel.

Namaste,
    Lotus

6. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Old hippies where is the love? I would think that you would be very happy that your movement has taken hold in younger generations. Instead I think that many of you will look at a young person with dreads and a dead t-shirt and think that they are all immage and no soul without actually talking to them, true there are many imposters, but they surely cannot be considered hippies in the true sence of the word. I hear you criticizing some young hippies for not being true to the cause. But, I'm sure many of you are not perfectly idealistic hippies. I consider myself as much of a hippie as most of you are, and why shouldn't I? Age is relative, just because I wasn't born during a specific decade doesn’t mean that my heart and soul is in the wrong place.

Side note: I am 19 years old.
    also, We_All_Shine_On you should show the old hippies your awsome dreadlocks and beautiful face, help sway their opinion of us.

Peace to all you beautiful people!

7. LotusIndia

LotusIndia Member

I didn't hear any criticism at all. Maybe you could point out what you interpreted as criticism?

Namaste,
    Lotus

8. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yes, yes. What Lotus said.

Additionally, a beautiful face and dreads are not an indication of anything but a beautiful face and dreads. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that.:)

But I gotta ask the question ... who's judging?:confused:

9. FugitiveKind

FugitiveKind Member

More of a Bohemian

10. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

uppon review I feel like a jackass, I caught a bad vibe somehow. I thought you all should be more happy about young hippies, we are the future *barfs from clicheness* I appologize for my other post, there has been no chriticism, I think I had a flashback to an old hipforums post of this nature which was not so kind to the youngsters. I am feeling the love now... SPREAD IT ROUND

11. fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd Super Moderator

Don't cling to the title so much as the beliefs.It's what's in your head and how you project it,not what you call yourself.Believe and carry on,the younger crowd is the future.That is something we all have to recognize,our future is in the hands of the younger generation.

12. LotusIndia

LotusIndia Member

Hey There TreePhiend,

No problem. We all have days like that. I have mis-read posts and replied far worse. Its part of this thing we call life - eeryone makes mistakes. I promise you, I will keep up my end of the bargin and make one soon! :)

Responses may not have been happier because maybe it rained yesterday so was not an especially 'sun shiny' day, or maybe arthritis (etc) was acting up, or maybe folks were just being philosophical, and maybe cuz we've been asked it, and answered it, a zillion times. That's ok too, just saying were only human and can get tired out.

The only question I have is, why do you keep posting a link to an online dating service?

Namaste,
    Lotus

13. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

I guess yeah, it always depends, but like, I know alot of punk.skaters hate the new wave of punk skaters ... watch SLC punk.... you'll know.

(sorry to get off topic)Fugitive, do you know where Barrie is?

14. Micro

Micro Member

I would hope that a hundred years from now young people will still be interested. I was born in 1962 so I was too young, although I have meet people may age that grew up in communes. By the time I was a teenager in the late 70's I thought the whole hippie scene was dead. When I started high school half the dudes had shoulder length hair, but I don't remember anyone claiming to be a hippie. Just look at the ages of the people on these forums and you see there's been a revival, so I hope the original hippies embrace the younger ones to keep it alive.

15. Southernman

Southernman Boarischer Rebell

[​IMG]

[size=+1]Three General Categories: Flower Children, Freaks, and Heads[/size]

Source here

16. Micro

Micro Member

Thanks for the link Southernman.

17. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I have some virus that I don't know hot to get off that does that all the time for certian words, its very strange, I didn't realize that it actually shows up for all of you and not just me, there will be no more of that in my postings now that I know of the problem. I never even went to that site, I don't know how the fuck it got onto my computer and I don't know how the fuck to get it off.

18. LotusIndia

LotusIndia Member

TreePhiend - And all this time I thought you were doing it on purpose. LOL

Thus shows the importance of "asking" people questions before assuming anything. You probably heard of that old saying, "assuming makes an ass out of you and an ass out of me." :)

Lotus

19. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I'm glad you pointed it out to me, now I can at least stop it from showing up in my posts to other people. I probibally would eventually get kicked off for spamming or something! lol.

20. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I think it is great.Nice to see the energy of so many getting stronger each day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!