What did you eat today?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by acuarela, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acuarela

acuarela Member

I was ravenous today and I ate:

A smoothie with unsweetened almond milk, blackberries and raspberries.
    Nature's Path Instant Oatmeal (Original) with a banana. This was later in the morning.
    Baby carrots with red lentil hummus
    Green Tea
    A subway black forest ham with veggies sandwich on 9 grain honey oat, 6 inches, no cheese. I forgot my lunch again!
    2 hard boiled eggs (free range are the best!)
    A bagel with whipped cream cheese.

1 person likes this.
  2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Wow, how weird. About an hour ago I was thinking of making a thread with this exact title, asking this same exact question. I know it's been asked before, but I always find it intriguing.

So today I have had...

Several handfuls of raw almonds
    3 tablespoons of coconut oil
    four raw eggs
    1 apple
    1 banana
    some sliced organic turkey breast
    protein powder mixed with almond milk
    Italian sausage and peppers (not something I normally eat, but I enjoy it on a rare occasion. I must say that tonight I indulged, and definitely consumed more than my day's worth of saturated fat and sodium.)

4. Pressed_Rat

Which brand of almond milk do you get, Aura? You can easily make it at home, but to me it's not worth the hassle. Before I was getting the Blue Diamond unsweetened almond milk, but I recently started buying the 'So Delicious' Almond+, which is fortified with pea protein.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I had an Italian sausage and pepper concoction today too, for lunch. It had sausage, red peppers, garlic, celery, and black beans in it and I ate it over brown rice.

I also had a banana for breakfast and for dinner I went southern soul food with fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy. I was going to do fried okra as well but my fridge won't get cold and the okra spoiled.

Now I'm thinking about making some brownies.

6. lode

lode Banned

Eggs, waffle, mixed fruit, coffee.
    Yogurt Pretzels from vending machine
    Reuben (Corned Beef, sauerkraut, horseradish dressing, swiss) and chips
    Filet mignon, French bread, spinach salad with balsamic, avacado. tomato, feta.

7. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Ramen noodles, popcorn, and a fatass spoon of peanut butter. Now I am about to eat some cheese fries.

8. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Can I come over for dinner next time? :D

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

probably not enough...

10. deviate

deviate Senior Member

To answer the thread I've had a banana, a sandwich, and a mt dew. I got my ass handed to me at work so I didn't have time to eat. Thinking about dinner now.

11. acuarela

acuarela Member

I love seeing what people's diets are like. I miss my vegan friend at work because she would bring homemade almond milk and all kind of raw vegan treats. I know I can make it at home, but I'm the only one that drinks it here, so for me it's not worth the hassle. I get the Blue Diamond. I'm not sure if I've tried the So Delicious one. I might, I've tried other stuff by them.

12. acuarela

acuarela Member

And Matt how the hell do you consume 4 raw eggs? I know people do that, but ewww.

13. Pressed_Rat

It's really not that bad at all. I just put them in a glass and knock 'em back. I am not really put off by the flavor or the texture, though a lot of people are by the thought of it alone.

But consuming eggs raw is the best, since the heat from cooking them drastically alters and destroys some of their most beneficial nutrients. If you must cook your eggs, it's best of poach them or soft boil them.

14. acuarela

acuarela Member

I do like poached eggs. I like eggs every way.

15. Pressed_Rat

Me too. My favorite eggs are scrambled eggs cooked with real butter. Lately I have been using Kerrygold butter from Ireland. It's a butter made from grass-fed cows, and it's sooo good. It's kind of salty, though.

16. acuarela

acuarela Member

I like scrambled eggs the best too because you can throw so many things in them to make them interesting and it's such a quick, easy meal.

I've never heard of it, but I'm very sensitive to salt and often find things salty that are not. I rarely even touch the salt when I cook. I think it's funny that we need to say "real butter" instead of just butter.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I use butter from a local farm. I found an article in a farmer's almanac about this farm a couple of years ago. Apparently their farming practices revolutionized dairy farming in the '70s. Something about their cows eating clovers that bloomed in April so they came up with the concept of "12 Aprils" where they used 12 different pastures throughout the year and planted edible plants that grow best during that particular month for the cows to graze on. I don't remember all the details but I do know they make some bangin' butter. And their milk is awesome too.

18. Pressed_Rat

Dairy from small, local farms is always superior to the stuff you get at the store... esp. if it's raw dairy. It isn't sold commercially, though.

19. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

rib eye steak and a bunch of sliced white mushrooms

20. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

I had a piece of toast lightly buttered and raspberry jam and coffee for b-fast

I then had some jumbayla for lunch. String cheese, beef jerky, and wheathins for a snack.

For dinner I had a bowl of Krave cereal.

For an after dinner dessert I had a vodka cranberry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.