What did we do wrong?

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by otb01, Apr 27, 2007.

1. otb01

otb01 Member

Today, being friday, I finally decided to break out one of my 2 1/2 gram packs of what I have approximated is 20x from SalviaZone. Basically, trial 1: salvia, pipe, butane torch. We got very little smoke, held for 20 seconds and got absolutely 0 effects. We kept the flame on it at all times. Trial 2: Water bottle with a hole near the top and near the bottom with straws in them. We put it upside down burned salvia in the cap and pulled out of one of the straws. After like 3 pulls we started laughing at everything but NO VISUALS. Not even closed-eye visuals! What did we do wrong? I really want to have some kind of visual experience.

2. alchemist357

alchemist357 Member

have you kept it in a dark place away from any heat?

3. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

pack salvia a bong and rip it, hold it in for around 30 seconds, exhale. repeat as long as you want,

4. otb01

otb01 Member

-Yes, its in a dark cool place.
    -We don't own a bong. They are rather expensive. Plus, we did hold for 20+ seconds. If that's really the only way, we might get one thou.....

5. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

what did you do wrong....attempting to smoke salvia

Salvia sucks, go find yourself some LSD....

sorry for the pessimism haha, smoke it like a crack rock, hold it in for as long as you can.

If you didnt have a mind blowing horribly frightening experience then your technique is def. a little off

6. otb01

otb01 Member

Yep, I had a feeling it was the fact that we weren't using a bong.

7. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

just smoke it more, consistently. it has a reverse tolerance so youre bound to feel it as time goes on.

8. otb01

otb01 Member

Well, we did have from the pipe to the bottle at least a good 8 pulls each. I really think the problem was the fact that we did not use a bong to smoke it and that we were not able to keep a flame on it because the flame wasn't consistently reaching the bottom of the pipe and we could not keep the flame on it while we put the cap back onto the bottle. I don't think it was the salvia's problem either. I think we just did it wrong.

9. tripoli

tripoli Member

I don't think you have to have a bong, otb01.

You're doing everything right - you either have an unusually high tolerance that you have to smoke your way through, or the Salvia isn't as strong as claimed.

20x, 100-200mg, holding your smoke - trust me, you should be seeing something.

If you haven't yet, keep trying - you will.

10. tripoli

tripoli Member

Yes - keeping the flame in contact with the herb is part of the equation you have to follow.

Try it with a regular pipe - I think they sell corn cob pipes at Walgreens for about $5.

11. otb01

otb01 Member

Wait, 20x is 100-200mg/g? I thought that regular salvia had 3.5mg/g thus making what I was smoking (80mg/g) approximately 22.9x.... Under your estimate, it would be 16x or 8x... Doesn't that sound wrong, seeing how thats their highest extract?

Anyways, both my friend and I had the same effects I don't think its a tolerance issue. I think it was a smoke thickness/lack of constant flame problem. Honestly, it didn't seem like hot or incredibly fowl smoke like it has been described so I am feeling that that is what I was doing wrong. I trust that my salvia is good salvia, I just think I'm doing it wrong. Conclusion: I will get a bong or make one to be sure.

12. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

no, the mgs have nothing to do with the xs. its how much salvia you smoke. not the potency. i meant not in one sitting, i meant three or four consecutive days, as later during a single trip, salvia is already in you, which wont really help the trip to much.

13. otb01

otb01 Member

We did half a gram thoughout that day. However, in actual smoke, I think it was probably about 1/8 gram. Between two people. Without the lighter necessarily being on it all the time.

14. tripoli

tripoli Member

I meant that 100-200mg of the 20x leaf should be more than enough to take you "there."

I hope you finally see what everyone is talking about - and I hope you enjoy it, even more importantly.

When it takes you, you'll know it. It comes on pretty fast.

Just try to let go and flow with it.