What did swim do wrong?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Solar surfer, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Solar surfer

Solar surfer Member

Uhg! So there was six feet of Torch, two feet got blended up and boiled down into some nasty tea, split between two peeps this caused a nice euphoric feel and that was about it. So swim took the remaining four feet, removed the clear outer membrane and skinned the very thin layer of green goodness from the cacti. From there the peices were dried in an oven at 170 degrees until dry. Once dry they got pulverized, put into gel caps and swallowed by same peeps as above, all theoretical four feet worth, and what happend? Nausea, puking and less effects than the previous attempt....bad cacti, destruction of mesi, bad luck? Any ideas on what went wrong?

2. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

what did this perviuan torch look like? you might have had a hybrid or a mislabeled cutting. Very often vendors sell t. cuzcoensis cacti and label them as t. peruvianus. cuzcoensis is very low in mescaline content and has a higher ratio of other cactus phenethylamine alkaloids. you want a true peruvianus so maybe next time get a more reputable source.
    you can learn how to ID a true peruvian torch here:http://www.sacredcactus.com/peruvian_torch12.htm

3. Solar surfer

Solar surfer Member

Oh yeah, the cuttings I got looked a lot more like the Bridgesii in those pics.

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

The problem seems to be that you described eating the green skin. You want the light green cortex within the skin, (possibly combined with the skin on top of it, at least to avoid having to skin it) without the white center.

At least, I think. I've only seen pictures of any of this.

5. Solar surfer

Solar surfer Member

Yeah, I've read the dark green skin is where it's at. Next time I'm just going to cut into cucumber style wedges, core it, and eat it like that. To hell with all of that other preparation....course I haven't had a mouth full of raw cactus yet, so we'll see.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The Green 'meat' is what you want to eat. The very outside skin should be removed and discarded. There have been other reports of certain Torches not being psychoactive and as Omactyl mentioned vendors very well may be passing off other cacti as torches. San Pedro almost never has a compltely 'bunk' cacti, tho you may need higher doses, but that may be worth pursuing in the future.

7. p0ly

p0ly Senior Member

swim didn't move his arms n legs n sunk to the bottom.

8. Solar surfer

Solar surfer Member

Swim is done with cacti, btw eating it raw is NOT easy! Ate a foot of san pedro, didn't purge, got a nice euphoric body high for about 13 hours but that's about it. Probably need to eat more but swim doesn't think he could get more down, perhaps in the future if the cacti presents itself again swim will give it a go.