what can i do with couscous!?

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by serra, May 30, 2004.

1. serra

serra tentacle girl

i've had it before in like salads and things, but i was just wondering, what can i DO with couscous?? i bought a box and i'm just wondering what i can make with it?

2. retrofishie

retrofishie Senior Member

have fun with it, make some curry with mandarin oranges and pineapple and use couscous instead of rice under the curry.

put some jam in it and have it as a desert.

3. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

uummm, cook it with half water and half lemon or lime juice, add caramelised red onion that has been cooked with lemon peel and coriander seeds and you have a yummy meal.

Add fresh berries and yogurt for breakfast..

4. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

I love couscous with onion and tomatoes in it. And if you aren't vegetarian I usually eat the onion-tomatoe couscous with italian flavored chicken. I mix up wok oil and italian seasonings. If you don't have wok oil you can use regular canola and add some garlic to it. Anyway, I mix those up and brush the chicken breasts with it, then I pour a little of the oil on a piece of aluminum foil and place the chicken on top of the oil. I wrap it up and put it in the oven at 375 for 40 minutes... cut it up and put it in my couscous.

5. serra

serra tentacle girl

MMMM!!

awesome! those all sound wonderful!
    *drools*

6. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

i cook the couscous with beef bouillon and then mix a can of rinsed mixed beans with it and it tastes really frikkin good . i am eating it right now actually. its pretty good. as a rule of thumb, i do 1 bouillon per cup of broth

7. waterlily5

waterlily5 Member

Mmm couscous :) I usually cook it in vegetable stock or packet soup or something first to give it more flavour, then add chickpeas and some mixed veg