What are your religous beliefs?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by luckypunk, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Atheist.

And, uh, recovering Catholic.

2 people like this.
  2. Scratched

Scratched Members

Born Again Christian, but I find value in all religions that don't worship Allah.

I also am interested in Witchcraft, Voodoo, Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism.

All have something special to offer.

3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I am one with the trees. They are not hurting anyone or anything.

no religion here.

1 person likes this.
  4. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

Sometimes I worship the sound of a stream in the middle of the woods; sometimes I worship crunchy cheetos(rarely cheetos nowadays though).

1 person likes this.
  5. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Same here...at times I still have nightmares about nuns. :D

3 people like this.
  6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I have extended family members who are ministers.

I'm non religious. I don't know if I'd call myself an atheist. I don't believe there is a god. But I have encountered supernatural experiences that science cannot explain. Sounds, flashes of light, apparitions, and even my hopes being answered through manifestation. Atheists seem to believe that all these life experiences could he answered by science or happened by chance.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Indeed, Ibrahims God sucks! ;)

8. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQxH_8raCI

9. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

I haven't had the nun nightmares for years, but I still have vivid memories of the long walks from the classroom to the main office, to report my classroom offenses to the scariest looking nun in human history. I'm glad it was only Sunday school though - I went to the county school for my non-religious study.

1 person likes this.
  10. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

A proud atheist, here.

11. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

OK - here's my completely anonymous view.

I think there's some mysterious force in the universe whose principle is unconditional love - unachievable but something to aim for. As we move toward unconditional love we somehow become more harmoniously in sync with the universe.

So, if I'm wrong - and there's every chance that I am - the only damage done to the world is millions of people trying to love a little more - a price, arguably, worth paying.

The Gods of the Bible are a bunch of wankers. First of all, no God would be angry or jealous - those are human emotions - nothing to do with any deity (but everything t do with a contrived father figure).

The Old Testament also posits that God has a dick - he's unashamedly male

There's also a lot of fire and smoke accompanying extra-terrestrials in the Old Testament (which is mainly a rehash of much older stories) and those are bioforms not deities (although some of them may think they are)

I don't proselytise this view even though I may whisper it the odd time during pillow talk and it's just a theory

I was sad to hear that Edith got eliminated from the spelling bee

12. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Gotcha

all I can say, though, is that the afterlife is a-gonna be awful boring if there isn't one.

I would like there to be a religion that says: if you're dead - bring a book

13. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

The interesting thing is that when one is raised Christian (in that half-assed middle class way that makes no demands whatever), when they lapse their culture doesn't change one iota - they still believe that it's wrong to hit people over the head or take their stuff 9which is my precis of the 10 commandments).

The fundamentalists seem to think that when one lapses they instantly become a snarling jackal of evil

BWA hahahahahahahahahahahahaha I can't believe I wrote that - it's one of my greatest lines - "snarling jackals of evil" - next I'll be ruminating about the nattering nabobs of negativity

14. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

do you do windows?

15. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I meant practicing.

I don't get your question though.

16. sekyer

sekyer Members

Atheist but I do think Jesus was a real person but a great philosopher.

17. broony

broony Banned

Well I have gone though a lot since that post.

Now I would say yes I do believe in God.

What form God comes? Hard to believe it comes from the Bible, Quran, Egyptian book of dead, or any other text.

I think God is a form of cosmic energy.

When a individual decides to always make the right decision, even when nobody is looking. I believe they will find a path to God in some form.

18. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I was brought up Catholic, left Christianity about five years ago, was an atheist/agnostic for a time, and then came back to believing in God. I'm not religious, but if I had to pick a label, I'd call myself ''spiritual.'' I respect most religions, so long as they don't hurt others. I enjoy learning about world religions and others beliefs. I think there's something positive to take away from most belief systems.

wilsjane likes this.
  19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

What are those things you speak of.

20. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

The principles that can be found in Buddhism, when it comes to nirvana, and zen. The principles that can be found in Judaism, Christianity and Islam that deal with trusting in God, finding peace, and treating others as you'd wish to be treated. Although, there are things within those religions that I don't agree with. I call myself spiritual, because I believe in God, but religion is something that I personally find to be humankind's creation, with its rules and legalism. When I was an atheist, I studied Sufism, which is a mystical part of Islam, and that's really beautiful.

ZenKarma and wilsjane like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.