What are your plans for the long weekend?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by KozmicBlue, Apr 6, 2007.

1. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Apart from eating lots of easter eggs of course. :tongue:

Today, I went hiking with the bf and his dogs which was lots of fun but kinda exhausting and I'm knackered now. The weather's been so awesome, over 20C (like 75F or so) and sooo sunny and it's just felt like summer. I love it. :D I even got some tan!! :punk:

Tomorrow, I'm going shopping with a friend during the day and then in the evening I'm going to a houseparty which should be wicked cool as well.

On Sunday, I'm probably staying in bed all day recovering from the night before, and smoke a few spliffs. :tongue:

Aaaand on Monday, either surfing or kayaking, depending on the waves.

What about you?

Happy easter/bank holiday weekend everybody!!

2. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

its going to be a sad weekend

my friend just had a friend die in a car crash last night - so our plans have changed and i'm just gonna be a good friend and be there for him

3. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Aww man, that's horrible... I'm sorry to hear that fitzy. Muhc strength to your friend and you.

4. fitzy21

anywho...i hope you have a great weekend with your bf...enjoy the time and have fun with the activities you have planned

i can't wait to go hiking and all that fun stuff when the weather turns back to warm again

5. Gravity

Gravity #winning

Im a college student.

All my weekends are long.

6. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Well yesterday we all went out to dinner, although the beginning of it started out kind of crazy. My oldest (who's 7) was in the backseat whining throughout the 45 minute drive to where we were going, saying he was starving. It was really starting to get on J's and my nerves, because it was still half an hour from the time we usually eat dinner. So we finally find a restaurant, and just as the hostess is seating us, my oldest looks at me with this look like "oh no" and he puts his hand over his mouth, starts gagging. J springs into action, chanting, "no dude, don't puke here" as he rushes him off to the men's room. I guess they got in there and every commode was taken, so he ended up tossing his cookies in the sink, clogged the thing up.

Ky (our oldest) gets carsick on longer rides in the car, so his whining about being hungry was more that his stomach was upset. We (J and I) felt bad afterwards. It had been a while since Ky had gotten carsick, so we hadn't even been thinking that was the cause of him saying his stomach was starving. It was really upset from the car ride as well as being hungry. But after the cookie tossing, he skipped back to our table with a big grin on his face and said he felt much better. Ended up totally polishing off his dinner too.

After dinner, we took the kids to a really big Easter display, which was actually the reason we were in the car so long in the first place, it took a while to get there. They loved it though, and had a great time looking at all the cool stuff. [​IMG]

Today the kids and I painted and glittered big cutouts of eggs and then hung them on the walls. We also painted clay shaped like eggs, I put a little hole through the tops of them so that they can hang them when they're dried.

Tomorrow we're coloring hard boiled eggs, and I need to run out and pick up a few more things for the kids' Spring baskets.

Sunday we're hunting for eggs and Spring baskets, I'm cooking up a special breakfast, and then that evening we're going to my grandmother's for dinner with the rest of the family, and the kids will hunt for money filled eggs. Yes, you read right. My grandmother hides plastic eggs at her house with money in them for the kids instead of giving them lots of candy.

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Your grandmother is wise (and devious) it's a great way to get kids out from in front of the TV or playstation :)

Hotwater

8. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

This weekends sort of a drag...exams start monday, so pretty much I have to finish my last essay today, and then spend the rest of the weekend studying so I can pass this life sucking economics exam...And my roomates are all gone for the weekend, which is good cause I can get more work done, but also not good because, well, I like them. Then next weekend will be looking pretty similer. BUT THEN!!! *happy music and sunshine* It will be done. Hurray! And there will be much joy and celebration and chilling out!

I really like school, but this part of the year is a hard time.

9. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

going to my girlfriends parents a few hours a way tomorrow, douchey mom, cool dad

tonight just drinking, maybe go out for a spell

not a long weekend for me, just a normal 2 day one

10. hippychickmommy

Yeah, definitely, and they love it too! The first time she did that, several years ago, I asked her why she never did that for me when I was a kid! ;)

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

So basically no one is going to follow the recommendations of The Vatican Council II which suggests fasting for 2 days prior to Easter [​IMG]

Hotwater

12. hippychickmommy

No, but my grandmother and aunt gave up sweets for all of Lent. Ugghhh, can you believe that? And of course, my dad won't eat any meat on Friday during Lent. I always hated that growing up. I could never get pepperoni on my pizza on Fridays! :toetap:

You should see the amount of sweets that will be for dessert on Easter Sunday at my grandmother's. They're really going all out, not having had it all of Lent, and they both have major sweet tooths! Cracks me up!

13. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

we're heading to new mexico tomorrow, picking up tyler and taking him to the children's hospital in albuquerque. we'll be there for a week, in a hotel. fun fun.

14. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

work :H
    heeheeeheee i can say that now cause i work :D
    works fun though, free booze and drugs cause i'm "pretty" apparently :D
    i wish i made more money though...these people suck ass for tipping....

15. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

Hey darlin! where are you working now?

16. fitzy21

i'm telling you...the canadian girls go crazy when i bring out a crisp new george washington and tip them :D

17. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Worky work.

18. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

I hard-boiled 3 dozen eggs for colouring tomorrow with the kids. I also baked a shitload of gingerbread cookies shaped like bunnies and eggs to decorate with icing tomorrow...

Gotta keep those kids busy...:D

19. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Lift weights, cook, eat, burp, fart, relax, take it easy, get some rest.

20. mr_two_1988

mr_two_1988 Member

work sat morning, drink, eat chocolate easter symbols, drink, go to pick up some tools and car parts with my cousin, maybe poker (while drinking), then poker again a few more times... oh and I'll need to run out to the vendor to get some more beer by Saturday night... then continue with my ongoing projects (top secret mad scientist stuff ;))

If I can find one I'll steal a sporty motorcycle and race through downtown until I crucify myself on a traffic light pole :skull: