What are your obligations and do you...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hari, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

..Love them or hate them? Which do you love and which do you hate.

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

obligations:
    1Probation - Hate
    2Work - Dont mind right now
    3College - Not really my thing right now

3. joe

joe Banned

Taking a shit - Sometimes it feels good
    Eating a Banana - Sometimes it tastes good
    Taking a Piss - sometimes it burns

4. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

Cleaning no like much
    Sleeping me like the much
    Playing me like it great
    Kissing me like it more.

5. Smelly Socks

Smelly Socks is probably lurking

I have an obligation to myself to be a good person and try to spread as much love and happiness as I can.

I love it. :)

6. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

hahaha ever notice with some people they never know where to look whilst eating a banana...

7. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

My real obligations?

Work, which I'm getting used to I would say... plus, the more you work in a place, the more you learn how to slack off while still doing all of what you're supposed to do. Then I have to pay all the bills which I really don't mind doing... it's just money... and hmm.... I guess not drinking or doing those evil drugs is another... which I don't really like, but at the same time, it's a very good life lesson for me... plus, I can easily live without them, which is a good thing.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my first and only moral obligation, along with, i believe everyone else, is to avoid screwing everything up for everyone else. not because someone said some god said so; but because we all have to live in a world that is neither more nor less screwed up then each other's thoughtlessness makes it.

my second, emotional obligation, is to avoid, as well as possible, without violating the first, is to avoid causing the unhappiness of anyone else. not how they feel about me, but how they feel period.

my first physical and physiological obligation is of course to survive.

i also feel oddly enough, obligated to get on this internet, on places like here, and run off at the keyboard on whatever subjects i feel the generality of humanity is ignoring at its ultimate peril.

that is to say, as long as i have any sort of opportunity to do so.

those are what i feel are my obligations primarily.

keeping the house i live in a reasonably physicaly healthy environment fallows from several of the above, as well as justifying my upkeep and existence.

attempting to help keep my mother's dwelling from becoming completely deadly to her whenever i get the chance to get arround to it is on that list too.

basicly i don't believe in obligations not voluntarily committed to, other then those prerequisite of survival, but of those once engauged, being somewhere close to absolute.

a few can become burdensome, which is why it is a very good idea, not to go looking for an excess of commitments to make.

i feel also to a degree obligated to my 'art' and my hobbies as the motivating force behind them is my desire, drive even if you will, that uses, or attempts to use, them to illustrate the kind of lives we could have, if thoughtlessness and thoughtlessly assumed priorities, were not screwing us out of them.

=^^=
    .../\...

9. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've no obligation to either love and hate, but I do try to appreciate everything in life. If, though, I hate something, then I try to avoid it as much as possible w/o trying to make a big deal about it.

10. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

I have an obligation to be a good father, and to spread love to all, no matter who or what they are :)

11. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I feel obligated to read inspiring books and scriptures, so that they can tell me what is the right way to live, think and feel, and in that way I don't create my own way of goodness, and copy the world's way of goodness which changes from country to country, and decade by decade.

Sometimes it happens that distractions take up a lot of my time, and I avoid them and things begin to happen that makes me feel I'm cursed.

I like how I feel when I read the Bhagavatam, above all other books.

12. Krsna Bhakti

As do I, with the Gita :) Hare Krsna !!!

13. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

Haribol!

14. Krsna Bhakti

Namaste :)

15. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

:bigear:
    Hearing is the process..

16. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins