What are your hotel habits?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by antithesis, Jun 1, 2004.

1. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I was just wondering who here asks for their sheets to be changed everyday if you are at a hotel?

have to say I always get annoyed when I see on my list that someone wants theirs changed. And not just because it's means more work for me, although that is definitely part of it. But it is just so wasteful. I mean, you have only been there a day and you need the sheets changed? It doesn't make any sense.

And the people that want theirs changed are never the people that leave tips.

2. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Actually, I'm not in a hotel long to ask for the sheets to be changed. Now that I think of it, I've never spent one second in a hotel worrying about my sheets.

3. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

I SPEND BETWEEN 30 AND 50 NIGHTS A YEAR IN HOTELS/MOTELS..

AN WE NEVER ASK FER MAID SERVICE WHEN WE ARE LAID UP FOR MORE THAN A NIGHT,,,ALTHOUGH WE AHVE SERIOUS ISSUES WITH TOWELS...:p

SO WE GENERRALLY PILLFER THEM IF POSSIBLE,,
    IF NOT WE GO TO THE DESK WHEN WE GET BACK IN...

BUT,,, ID NEVER WANT ANYONE IN MY ROOM WHEN I WERN TTHERE,,

SOO THAT BEIN SAID,,,

ID JUST REFUSE TO CLEAN THERE SHIT IF THEY WERNT STANDIN THERE IF I WERE YOU,,,..

THEN ID BLOW THERE MIND WITH QUALITY,,AND OVERWHELM THEM WITH HOSPITALIY,,THEN HOLD MY HAND OUT FER A BIG ASS TIP!!!:D

TIS TRUE!!!:p

4. Cirrhosis

Cirrhosis Banned

"What are your hotel habits?"

Masturbate. Excessively.

5. joe

joe Banned

I beleive everything thats supposed to be "Complimentary" in a hotel room should be required to be taken with you when you leave.

So that means everything thats not bolted down checks out with me.
    those telephone chords and little soaps come in handy

6. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

tv remotes are fun to take. uh, and light bulbs are always handy. then of course towels and soaps. took a bible once, but thats not really a habit since it was only once. if its possible to move the furniture around, i rearrange the room. but its not possible to do that at all places. then when i'm done with the bed, i remake it - don't see the point in keeping it unmade since it will make the people's job easier. so i put in hospital corners and tuck in everything real tight. its just really funny.

7. nirgal

nirgal ___________

I took the "Magic Fingers" off the bed onetime, think I still have it somewhere. :eek:

8. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Then you would be one of those people that us housekeepers despise, because you make our day that much worse. Because it is so much fun trying to track down replacements for all those things. I like spending an extra couple of hours fixing what some inconsiderate people destroyed too.

9. nirgal

nirgal ___________

Yes, yes... but I was a young rebel in those days, Now I clean the room before the housekeeper comes to do it ;)

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

"Ya'll don't bother me...i don't bother ya" is my hotel policy... piss off my room, and you will not get shit... i'll clean it myself and will get towels at the reception....

11. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

I'm one of those odd-ball people who actually tries to keep the hotel room looking somewhat tidy. :eek: Even though I know housekeeping will come in and do clean-up, I don't use that as an excuse to be messy.

12. antithesis

antithesis Hello

It's people like you that I love. You are a friend to all housekeepers of the world :)

13. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

:D

Well, I know what it's like to clean up someone else's mess. I mean, yeah it's your job and you get paid to do it, but that doesn't make it any more fun to do. I do it around here all the time, and I don't even get paid!

14. antithesis

antithesis Hello

lol, that sucks.

It isn't that fun to clean up people's garbage, but as long as they keep it under control I don't complain. But some people are such pigs. Like I had this room and they guy had smoked so many cigs and he just threw them on the floor when he was done with them, didn't even bother to use one of the ash trays. And people do sick ass things that I don't even want to get into. I truly appreciate people that keep their rooms clean.

15. thisismike

thisismike Overlooked/Uninvited

I have a few things that I need to have straight in my room

1) A good TV remote.

2) A couch, I ususally clear this with the hotel before I arrive

3) Enough blankets

4) Working AC or Heat depending on the climate.

After that I require little or no attention. I try to leave the room the way I found it.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well we usualy ask they not have to do stuff to the room while we're there but they usualy do anyway. we don't take their towls cause we got all we can cary to take back with us anyway and besides we got tons of prettier ones of our own at home anyway. but those one serving size soaps and shampoos and like that which the're gonna have to replace anyway. hmmm one thing we always ask for is more refills for the in room coffee makers, though we always bring powdered soups and chocklet to make with the water in em. that and granola bars we eat more of then in the're eateries. if there's a breakfest buffet that's usualy a good deal, not always included in the room rate but sometimes. only time we stay in em is when we go to some kind of a con. that's the only time we stay in the same one where its at. otherwise we stay at the cheepest places we can find if we have to stay anywhere. when the con is in the same town where i'm living like when i lived up in portland i just went home or crashed in the gopher suit. did spend a night in the video room one time. well like i say it's not more'n once or at most twice a year we spend over away from home. and that for conventions we have to travel to. which is a once a year at most that we can afford it thing. usualy two nights at the hotel. couple of years ago we gopher'd the con so got to spend the extra nights in the gopher suit. they fed us wonderful good too. we only bring what we can carry ourselves cause that's all we can anyway cause we always go on the train cause i like the trains and i like what we can see from them a lot more then what you see from a car on the freeway. course if we ever did get a ride down and back we'd maybe take more stuff with us, spend more in the dealer's room and charity auction and that sort of thing maybe, although just going is pretty much our one big splurge for the year, the years that we do. i'd rather go to baycon myself but i think jackie's pretty much got her heart set on furcon so that's probably the one we'll go to in 2005. i doubt very much we'll be going to anything out of town before then.

17. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I never ask for them changed. I was once a housekeeper and that helped me become very understanding of how the job can suck at times.

18. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Actually, I do try to keep my hotel room relatively clean. If nothing else, it'll be much easier for me when I have to leave.

19. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Try to get into the adjacent room and steal the robe/towels/soap. Masturbate everywhere.

20. KJ is cool

KJ is cool Member

i dont ask for the sheets to be changed but i do make sure to urinate down the stairs at least once before i leave.

i guess i don thave to say i like to get pretty drunk while in hotels