What Are Your Bath Towels Like?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A couple of weekends ago I had to stay with my granddaughters while their mother was at the E. R. I showered them and found that my cats have better towels to sleep on than my granddaughters have to dry off with. I bought some new towels for their family and gave them to their parents for an anniversary gift. They loved it! They said towels are one of the things they just don't feel like they can spend money on with a family of six.

My daughter and grandson lived with her dad and his wife for a little while. They have 5 foster kids. My daughter started using her beach towels for her and her son after showers because the towels at that house were literally in halves...I guess to make them go farther with all those kids...?

I used to have hand me down towels then one year when I had some spare moolah, I bought some nice thick all white towels that I love. I can bleach them and everything!

So, tell me what your towels are like.

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

For My Body, White Egyptian Cotton Bath Sheets, For My

Hair, A Large Micro-Fibre Towel So I Don't Get Lint In My Dreadies...:)

Cheers Glen.

3. Aerianne

Yeah, mine are Egyptian Cotton but they are only bath towel size.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Damn, I always thought I over-analyzed everything, though bath towels are something I seem to have grossly overlooked.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

mine are pretty new., I have a pool so some of them are beach towels, and I have a big dog that likes to go out in the rain and needs dried off. I have a hawkeye red robe too. and a blue one.. But I like the red one, even tho blue is my favorite color.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i dry off with a hand towel

im not picky...ive always thought those huge things were a waste of money and just add uselessly to the amount of laundry

7. Aerianne

BBad, I was half expecting you to say you dried off with a shop rag, lol

8. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

My towels are years old but since i live alone they are in good shape. I love bath sheets for when I get out of the shower. I have long hair so use a large bath towel for my hair.

When Grace (dog) comes in after a rainy walk I use some of the older towels to dry her off. Some of those towels are possibly 20 years old and my Mom gave me those when she got new towels.

I guess you could say my towels are antique.

9. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I have one white bath towel that I bought in a department store when I moved into my new flat.I wash it about once a month.My flat-mate however has two really dirty towels that he leaves on the rail in the bathroom.I need to ask him to wash them.He also leaves dirty socks on the bathroom floor.He is however autistic so I give him a lot of leeway.He usually does whatever I ask him though.He's only 19.He's a really nice boy - just not the brightest spark.

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

......:2thumbsup:

Cheers Glen.

11. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

I have two towels, one medium sized purple one for my body and a large one for my hair (very thick and long hair). My toddler uses one that goes over her head and turns into a sort of poncho with a hood, she loves it. No idea what material they are, nothing fancy, they do their job!!

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I think they got fire damaged...

13. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Don't forget to bring a towel.

14. jalapenokush

jalapenokush Member

soft and absorbent, thanks for asking

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

My mom bought me really nice, fluffy Tommy Hilfiger towels as a house warning gift. Otherwise I would probably be using beach towels lol

16. judymae

judymae Member

I need my towels to be in brown and turquoise color since i remember:D. And they all are from target.

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I have too many to know what are they all like....
    As long as they're in good condition, I'm good.

18. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

This reminds me. A few years ago, the company had an audit. From the government tax office.

The auditor said "Look, some of these business hotel expenses you're claiming... they're huge. There's no receipts for them. We think you're lying, and you weren't at these hotels"

So I replied "Oh shut up dear. Ofcourse I'm not lying. If you don't believe me... Look - here are the bathtowels and ashtrays that I stole from them" :cool:

Back on topic, most of mine are single colour - yellow, green, whatever. I just like big thick ones. But to be honest, apart from the ones stamped "Ritz Carlton" ;) etc, I dont think much about it..

PS anyone noticed? In truth, hotel towels usually tend to be plain white, no logos these days.. : (

19. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

i had this AMAZING towel for camping, it was really thin so it could fold up tiny and made out of some ultra absorbant material, dries you up completely just dabbed on the skin, i used it for ages as my general towel (and a sheet when it was too warm for a sleeping bag) , then i lost it at a festival. i want to buy another one now, it was so damn good.

20. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I love big fluffy bath towels. They have to be soft and big enough to wrap around a body to finish drying off.

I tend to buy white towels for bathing as I like to bleach so that they stay super clean. I have coloured towels that are more guest or display that match each bathroom.

If they start to get a little worn I usually replace them right away and recycle the older ones into cleaning cloths and such.

A nice towel is a good thing! :)

21. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Senior Member

Hello,

I usually buy white towels. Makes laundry easier ;). And I don't use fabric conditioner. I like my towels rough ;).

Regards
    Gyro

PS: Towel day is at the 25th of may