What are some un-touristy things to do in Paris?

Discussion in 'France' started by Major Peacenik, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

So I'm gonna be in Paris for a week, but I really don't feel like centering my whole trip around the Tower and Notre Dame and all those touristy places. What are some cool things to go in Paris that are more off the beaten track?

2. Allô-oui?

Allô-oui? Member

Go to Montmartre, just to walk. It's different from the rest of Paris. Have lunch in a bistro, and take your time. Take a boat ride.

3. AhmedAjax

AhmedAjax Member

I went to Paris for a week, to be honest, there is nothing you can do in Paris that will be 100% free of tourists, not like London anyway. But yeah, Montmartre is nice, hit up Bastille for some nice clubs an bars, but above all: relax. French culture is a 180 degree turn from American or UK so take it as an opportunity to forget all your cares.

4. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

go hang out in the catacombs, not the ones you can tour..... but the ones you can get arrested for playing in.... =)

5. matthew26

matthew26 Member

Last time I went to Paris, I had a food trip. I simply visited as many food establishments I could find.

6. interval

interval Member

what he said.

also, there's an abandonned railway called the "petite ceinture" which is accessible if you know where to look. definitely recommended. it's in the middle of the city but feels like another world. doubt you'll see any tourists there. probably a few tramps and maybe some graffiti artists :)

http://kafarblog.free.fr/petite-ceinture/index.php/Accueil

7. Gabasin

Gabasin Member

nice :D

people, if tou come to france, the be at paris for a few days.. live somthing like 3 - 6 days to live like a tourist and then go to the amazing parts of france. all the country sides with the beutiful mountens and green everywhere! go to the beaches on the western sides of france, the amazing beach cliffs :)

enjoy ;]

8. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

it IS touristy, but instead of doing all the sites and eating up all of your time, at least do a boat ride at night and see all the sites that way,. its gorge...esp if its not too cold!

9. lee20

lee20 Guest

It's very impossible to find un-touristy place in Paris because we all know that Paris has a lot of tourist spots and all you can expect is a crowd.